Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I HATE this.

I have been feeling rubbish all day, last night, I got no sleep, well, I got to sleep at 6am and woke up at 11:30, I had to then go into town with my friend and get her haircut, then meet someone who I hadn't seen for ages, and all throughout the day I have been getting wierd tummy ache things... I hadn't eaten anything except a chocolate bar up until when I got home (6ish) and I'm scared it's a bug... does it sound like one?

I didn't have d* today, but my stomach feels kind of runny now (sorry) but nothing will come out... this to me sounds like IBS which is what could have been causing me the stomach cramps...

All I want to know is, does is sound like a bug to anyone? Cos I'm so scared. When I got in just now I ate 3 slices of bread and had a drink... although I was't really hungry.

I haven't eaten anything that could have upset my stomach and arrrrgh, I'm SICK AND TIRED OF LIVING LIKE THIS. It made me so upset last night I didn't get to sleep until 6am!

Any advice, or support would be very much appreciated as I'm about to start panicking.... Thanx very much.. Hope everybody else is doing ok...

Love Amy xXxXxXxXx

im not sure what it is. this happends to me too. im so tired of not knowing when the next time i will v* im scared to eat sometimes and go to bed. its controlling my life and no one understands me. my friends think im weird, and my famliy does too. the other day i woke up feeling very n* and i was shivering but i didnt v* i had d* though. i dont know what it was. the next day i was ok though.
    Let there be Light at the end of the tunnel

I hate waking up and feeling crap all day... it just makes it worse since then we all get paranoid we have caught something... vicious circle. xxx

Amy didn't you sayyour period was coming soon? I would think it is probably that. Hope you are feeling better!

Christi

does anyone ever get all paranoid when they hear someone else is sick around them like in the famliy or a friend and like dissenfect everything and wash your hands and stuff. i cant take this anymore. it is taking over my whole life im so scared of V*!!!!!
    Let there be Light at the end of the tunnel

Yes, that is the worst! When other people close to me are sick the next five days are horrible for me (i feel like if I am going to get sick it would happen within 5 days). I clean the whole house from top to bottom and won't use the toilet the person got sick in for weeks even though it has been cleaned!

Could the fact that all you ate all day was a chocolate bar have made you feel off? I know for myself, if I am hungry but haven't eaten, I get to the point where I am actually so hungry I'm NOT hungry- and even feel a little nauseous. In cases such as this, I generally have to force myself to eat. I have even vomitted before out of HUNGER- how weird is that, huh?

I think the best way to prevent a lot of interesting stomach phenomena is to make sure to eat regularly, even if you don't necessarily feel hungry. Give your body a routine, so it knows when to expect food- I have found that for me, that solves a lot of digestive problems. And don't assume that because you don't have anything in your stomach you can't be sick- SO not true. Bringing up bile actually HURTS a lot more than some food or water. Trust me on this- it isn't pleasant, to the point where doctors recommend that you have at least some water in your system when ill.

Hope you feel better- remember, worrying about something just makes it a whole lot worse. When faced with something like this, it is best to keep busy or get out and do something. If you stay home and do nothing but focus on it, you will likely exacerbate an already bad situation.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I honestly think it's due to a combination of anxiety and not eating enough. If there is not enough 'bulk' in your stomach you will experience stomach acid which is very likely to make you feel ill. My dad thought it was funny when i didnt eat then complained of feeling s* because he says he eats at breakfast, then at about 11 at work, then at lunch time, then in the afternoon and then dinner...and if he doesn't he starts to feel ill as well. You may think the amount you eat is normal, but i dunno, i used to go through the day with a few chocolate bars and i KNOW that isnt normal or enough!

Thankyou everybody. I'm feeling a lot better today, I have eaten a packet of crisps and a piece of toast so far, I'll make sure I eat lunch and dinner too. I think it was because I hadn't eaten because after I ate I felt SO much better.

And yeah, my period came today, so that probably was one of the reasons too, I haven't even let myself get that bad pains, cos I took something as soon as I woke =) So, I'm in quite a good mood.

Hope everyone else is ok. Wasteofenergy12 I get exactly the same.. It's getting to the point now, where OCD is kicking in, I carry hand sanitizer with me everywhere and if I'm out, I use about 7 squirts a day.. Don't worry I'm sure we all get to these stages at some point, but it happens more for me and you (and obviously a few other people who get like this) but, I'm a teenager so I'm sure at the moment it's worse for me cos my hormones are rushing around and are probably very un settled... How old are you?

Love Amy xXxXxXx p.s thanx for the advice =)

I'm glad you are feeling better

Christi

Sorry you felt bad, good your feeling better. Make sure you do eat something, when i didn't eat i felt awfull, now i make sure i eat something, if i don't i feel n*. Good your feeling though[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth x
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.