Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

For the past couple of days, i have been feeling weak not myself. It started friday night, i woke up shivering and feeling really n*. so i sat by the toilet so scared that i was going to v*. i had d* twice, and around 4 am i started my period. it was so weird. Then finally by 6 am i feel asleep and woke up feeling better but weak and a little n* then sat-tuesday i felt better and i was eating. Last night i started shivering again and i had d* i really dont know whats wrong with me, and im so scared im going to v* i only feel sick at night. im scared to fall asleep. Do you think i have a bug? im just confused because i felt better for a couple of days and then i felt the same way last night at the same time i did friday night.
    ???
    Let there be Light at the end of the tunnel

Could it possibly be that your anxiety relating to your fear of being sick at night is causing your body to feel ill? Anxiety can do funny things to your body. I know for myself, lately when I have been anxious about something, I have had wikked diarrhea. It did make me feel nauseous, but not pukey nauseous.

Could it be that you are worried about what happened on friday night (which was more than likely period-related), and that is causing you to feel sick now?

Hope you feel better,

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i have never felt sick from my period ever though so that is why i did not think it was period related. i still feel weak right now and im scared to sleep. Anxiety does get to me alot, im sure that does not help what is going on. I just dont know whats wrong with me. If i didnt feel n* i would not really mind...but Im so terrified im going to v*
    thanks for the advise!!

I think Amber is right. Anxiety can really mess with your stomach. I have a lot of stomach problems due to anxiety. When my anxiety is low, I hardly have any. Do you have any hobbies like reading, or arts and crafts, to keep your mind off your anxiety, and help you relax? I find that when I do things that I enjoy, it helps a lot. Best of luck![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

This sounds alot like anxiety very much so. When having anxiety it puts alot of pressure on your bodyand it's the way your body deals with it. Anxiety drags alot with it like the symptoms your saying Shivering and shaking is the most common, and then comes the D* and after all that shivering and D*, Your body is wiped out and that's where the weakness comes from. When I have anxiety attacks or even anxiety, I get dizzy, hot, weak, shakey all that good stuff, after it settles my body feels totally wiped out and weak also it aches, this happens casue of all the pressure that you build up on your body. It's sounds like anxiety to me at this point try not to think about it, get active and go out and run or something or do yourmost favorite thing to do. And most off RELAX, once you relax and the anxiety subsides I'm sure your symptoms will disappear, mine always do. Also when I have high anxiety I do get the stomache cramps I'll feel like I have to go to the bathroom but nothing comes out and it's so annoying I really hate that feeling! So I've been through what you are going through, I never knew my anxiety could cause such symptoms but it really does it effects your body in many ways, so you not bug just anxiety! take care!

I agree with everyone else, it's sounds just like anxiety. You won't v*, but it will upset your stomach. I hope you feel better soon!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree with everyone, but don't be so quick to rule out the period. I never had any unpleasant symptoms until after I had my kids. My hormones are all out of whack, and the week before my period, I feel nauseous and am hot then cold. It always happens. Just a thought!
    *Amy*

thank you everyone for the thoughts!!
    i never knew anxiety could be this much of an impact on my body. i really hope it is the anxiety getting to me and im not really sick..

I had those same symptom minus the period a month ago. I could not undestand it. I would feel fine and then I would feel sick out of nowhere. This went on for like 3 weeks. It has been 2 weeks now and I have not had any "episodes". I have never been one for panic attacks or anxiety so that could not have been it. It had to be a bug of some sort. I had extreme N* and a little D* but no V*.