Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I don't know if this is heat related or what. I've heard of people getting ill from the heat even when they are in airconditioning. She was fine yesterday and all day today. I made her lunch and she was eating away watching her cartoons and suddenly she comes up to me and tells me she is going to her room with a big sigh. She was as white as a sheet and she's very tanned at the moment. I asked her what was the matter and she said she felt like she was going to me sick. She ran upstairs laid down on her bed and asked for a towel. I gave her one and put on her ac and put on cartoons within 10 minutes she was asleep. Now on Tuesday when she was ill she also fell asleep and then got up and was sick just that one time and then was fine. I don't understand what this is. It doesn't seem at all like a virus. Maybe she ate to fast she was eating macroni and cheese. I have to go to work in a little over and hour. My husband will be home with her but I'm so worried she'll be sick when I'm not here and I won't be here to clean properly and on the other hand I'm glad I won't be here. God, I hate this!! I'm shaking. I threw my own lunch totally away once she told me she was ill. I remain calm around her and then leave room and am just a mess. I just wish I was a normal mom about this and not such a pathetic loser.

I am so sorry you are going through this again...it sucks...and maybe it is the heat......it doesn't sound like a sv to me with the way her symptoms are coming and going like they are. Hopefully she is just tired and needed some rest...i hope she wakes up and feels just fine...hang in there....
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

You're nota loser, you're a normal emet mum - hey, at least you stay calm around her, that's a real achievement!

Who knows what this is, it could be the heat, certainly doesn't sound like a virus. How old is your daughter? My daughter is 5 and has a very 'twitchy' stomach - she can throw up for no reason, and when she has had a sv, she can throw up off and on for about a week.

Your daughter could also be associating the feelings she has now with those she had when she did v* - it doesn't mean she will, she just thinks she might.

Don't know what else to say, but you're handling it great.

it sounds heat related to me.. My stomach is always off and I am always tired when its hot out... even if im in air conditioning. Anytime i eat when its hot it feels like lead in my stomach. So that most likely is what it is.

To me it doesnt sound like the sv either just because its been a couple days with no other symptons and then its back. Sounds like she may just be hot and dehydrated maybe. Dehydration makes you sick too..

anyways i dont know if i was much help but i hope she feels better so you dont have to worry too much!

Take care
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

You've all helped to calm my nerves and make me stop beating myself up. It has to be the heat I don't think a stomach virus would act this way. I'm hoping she just ate to fast and felt full and associated it with being sick like Tuesday. I'll cross my fingers and let you all know. Thanks again for responding so quickly.

Keep us posted....and try not to think about it too hard......that's what makes us crazy usually
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

You can get sick from the heat, even in air-conditioning. My house is air-conditioned, but not adequately... meaning some rooms of the house are over 80F (especially my bedroom). It is really hard to stay hydrated when nausea sets in from the heat and I try and sleep, but I am still feeling sick a lot of the time --- and I know it is from the heat.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

Thanks purpleteacher. It's comforting to know that someone out there reacts this way to heat too, but I'm sorry that happens to you all the same. People in my work have been feeling ill even in the AC. One gotten taken away in an ambulance yesterday after she passed out. She's still sleeping which is a good thing. This heat wave is supposed to end tonight and it's not soon enough for me. Coming on here and reading everyone's reassuring words is helping me immensily. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again!!

your doing great love !!!

I really believe the heat can affect people in that way also. I am really sorry that you are going through this...and that she is too!

I have had a heck of a week just feeling blah. My AC is on and running all the time but I just feel so hot!

I hope that she feels better for both of your sakes! Try and hang in there. Has she been in the heat or outside?

*Amy*

I've kept her indoors during the day. My husband lets them go outside after 4 o'clock. We have the AC on continually depending what part of the house we are in. She woke at four after I left for work and said she felt better. My husband said a little while later she had a massive d*, so much so he had to clean all around the toilet. She then she said she felt much better and started asking for food. She's totally fine now. I'm just glad she didn't v*. An explanation of what caused it would help me immensely..I can't wait to get home and clean the bathroom. He swears he cleaned it well and lysoled, but the control freak side me wishes I was their to make sure the job was done right. It's supposed to be much cooler tomorrow. I really need to go shopping, I hope she's alright tomorrow. I don't need her getting ill in the middle of Walmart. Thanks again to everyone, I love hearing from you all..but hope I don't have to post topics like this for quite a while!!!

I'm glad to hear that she's feeling a little bit better. My mom was just saying the other day that she's heard of children having upset stomachs/diarreah nearly all summer from heat and such. I know that when it's this hot outside my appetite all but disappears and so do the appetites of the kids I babysit for.

Thebest advice that I've learned from babysitting in this recent heat wave (it's been in the 100's heat index here *ugh*)

1) Avoid all hot foods or foods you have to warmduring the daytime (ie; mac n' cheese, hot dogs, soups, etc...) the best thing to do during a heat wave is to eat smaller meals and to eat more frequently. Avoid eating meals high in protein.
    2) Remember to make sure your kids drink 6-8 glasses of water/gatorade/100% juices... per day even if they don't feel thirsty have them keep a sippy cup/bottle of water with them all the time. They may be dehydrated and not even realize it.
    Allow minimal amounts of milk. A glass in the morning with breakfast is enough unless a child is solely on formula.
    3) Remind your daughter to let you know if she's too hot or thirsty, etc...

And lastly... If you truly think it's the heat then try giving her a cool (but not cold) bath and see if that helps and offer her a popsicle *we use the real juice ones*(this works wonders for the 5 year old I care for)

Good luck!
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Thank you, kentuckygalrk. I appreciate your advice. When she was two she had to avoid dairy products when it was hot or she would get ill, so I'm going to start initating that again. I hate to take away the mac and cheese because she loves it so, but it's whats best for her I guess. I got a long stressful night ahead of me wondering if anyone will be ill.

Geez I had no idea that you could still feel sick from the heat even in AC. I thought that was only if you were in the sun for too long. I know I've felt real lethargic and not wanted to eat much, and I figure its the heat. Ugh. I hope your daugther is feeling better.

I am so glad she wasn't sick!! good luck!!!

I'm going to post a seperate post about this but she felt sick again this mrning and was fine after an hour of laying down. She may have cyclic vomiting even though she doesn't have a v* episode each time she feels sick. More on that to come.

i have had the exact same thing as your daughter and i can say it IS from the heat. my doctor told me that unless i v* more than once in 24 hours it is either from the heat or the sickness goes away after v* once

i dont think you are a pathetic loser.
    i mean im only 13 and its really hard for me even to keep cool.
    i think its really good that you are keeping cool around her tho.

Thanks guys for your support. She is better. She still is afraid of being sick though. If she drinks juice too fast, she thinks she is going to v*. I told her to just take sips and she will be fine. I've been keeping her mind off of her belly by keeping her busy which is helping.

I'm not sure whether or not she has cyclic vomiting (abdominal migraines) yet but it could be a possibility. Is there any history of migraine in your family?

This is actually believed to be part of what the little girl I sit for suffers from (she has tummyaches a lot) but there's also a history of migraine in her family (father, aunts, grandmother) and she also gets the headaches along with the symptoms every once in a while. As I migraine sufferer myself I can sympathize with anyone who has them anywhere in their body *ick*

Also, it's important to remember that migraine is a neurological disorder associated with the swelling of blood vessels, and most migraines are brought on by trigger events (weather, stress, certain foods, etc...) So don't rule out the heat yet! I know my migraines are caused by pressure change in the atmosphere before it rains. I think the best thing that you can do is to start writing things down when she has an episode (what the weather was like, what she'd eaten, had to drink, etc...) and see if maybe you finda common factor.

I hope that she doesn't have anymore symptoms though and that all is well.
    Good luck
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

How is she doing now? And how are you doing?
    *Amy*

My mother gets migranes and my grandmother did as well. I luckily don't suffer from them. The heat has always been a trigger for her to be ill, since she was a baby. According to the articles I read the heat, stress, or food can be a trigger for an abdominal migrane. That heat wave last week was the absolute worst I have ever seen her. By Sunday she was getting back to normal. Today we were able to go out quite a few places, and she was fine.Her diet is still not back to normal. She just wants carbs. She's been eatingpop tarts and english muffins. She didn't want to drink any apple juice up until yesterday.She was afraid of burping up until yesterday andwould get scared when her stomach feltfull. I kept her busy all day yesterday in between eating so she wouldn't have time to think about the functions of her body, which she startedpaying attention to way to much. She has an appointment with the doctor to evaluate her and see what they think about it.

This website was a god send last week. I read the posts everyday but don't post often, but it was amazing place for support and reassurance. You guys are great!!!