Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi everyone, I still can't believe that I am not the only one who goes through all these hassels from this phobia, daily. Isn't this crazy though, we all know for a fact that we make ourselves sick, we have been for tests and so on and everything comes back good and yet still have this constant nausea with a fear of being sick. It is so crazy and you think if we all know that we could some how put all of our heads together and find a way to get past this fear. Lately, after I read how normal this is, I feel a little bit more confident with myself which to some point puts me at ease. I am doing everything I can to avoid thinking I am nauseated. Today I had chicken for supper and usually right now I would have a gravol in my hand waiting for the moment I might need to take it and I am trying to accept the fact that I know that chicken was cooked, I am taking the feelings from deep down, I know I don't feel any nausea right now at all and when I do feel the nausea later it is because I am allowing myself to feel that nausea. I am so tired of doing this to myself everyday, putting my body through constant stress worrying about something I really have no control over. The weird thing is that I REALLY want to get better but even when I do get over this fear I still can not see my being ok with vomit. But i just wanted everyone to know that with this site there is hope. I NEVER would have thought there are people out there just like me feeling the way I feel and wishing the way I wish. I am honestly feeling better just knowing I will survive. Since I found this site I have been eating more which is really good because I became anorexic due to depression and couldn't gain the weight back because I was so nauseated everyday and couldn't eat because I thought I would throw up, but lately I can eat ice cream, and chicken and I feel happy again just knowing that this is ok to be the way I am, this is who I am and one day when i am willing to let go of this fear it will be done but while I am in the process of healing I am going to make the best out of it because I know I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I truly think that we will all get over this fear we all just have to find a way that works for us, and who knows that way better than ourselves. we can all do this and if we all combine ideas we will be able to come up with something that each and everyone of us can try to help us ease our minds a little bit. For me, I started a flower garden, what an amazing feeling, I go out side and pull some weeds out and water it and plant new ones and I have no nausea at all while I do it, I have no fear that I may vomit, nothing. it is all the little things that will help us with the big things. well i am going to stop rambeling lol but feel free to respond with anything even if you just want to talk, have a great day everyone, and keep all of your heads up because without faith we don't have much.. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Yeah I can identify with the gardening thing. Sometimes when I'm having an attack I do dishes or laundry. (My mom probably considers that the silver lining to this phobia, lol)

Physical activity is sometimes just distracting enough that it can stop a panic.

I totally agree with you. Our minds are so powerful. I could feel perfectly fine while Im keeping myself busy...but as soon as I think about my fear..I start to feel nauseas. ITs an ongoing battle that I have been trying to fight for so many years. I have gotten a lot better at it. I try to tell myself..that its all in my head and tha tIm making myself feel this way by obsessing over it all the time.

And even when I eat something...I try to focus on the fact that I never do get sick after eating a meal. But I do still have an anti-emetic at hand just in case.

I myself have a problem with eating b.c. of the emet....its very hard for me to put on weight since I dont like the sensation of feeling full. I dont think I am annorexic..b.c. I want to try to eat and I want to gain weight. Its just tha tI feel so nauseas all the time, that I get too afraid to eat. So I am definately underwegith...but taking steps to try to control it. Trying to trust food more and more.

**IF I keep myself busy...I feel fine! Bu tI cant constantly be doing things to keep me busy. I have to sit and relax at some point everyday! But I agree...if your not thinking about it...you feel fine
    *Mandi*

Hi tootsieroll,

Just wanted to say that I happy to hear that you are feeling better and taking time out for yourself to heal. This site is great and people give so much great support to each other.It really is amazing. I hope your flower garden continues to flourish.M x