Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

OK.. so help me out here

My husband has a bike.. 2004 yamaha R1 ok ok.. so the issue is we have been married for a year and together for almost two and i have NEVER ever ever ridden on it! EVER!

ok so he askes me all the time to go but im just to damn scared and nervous.. and so tonite he was going to take me on a short ride and go slow and all that jazz but im too freaking scared and im whimping out AGAIN.. i hate anxiety. And now here i am all shaky and nervous and butterflies in my tummy .. scared to death and i just wanna say no.. but than i get upset because i dont even try but i cant!! ahhh my head is driving me crazy.. i feel like i am going insane. I feel like crying because I want to and I dont want to at the same time.

I hate this.. i wish i could just do it.. just do it damnit..

i wish it was that easy.. i am having conflictions and fights with my own mind.. i dunno what to do.
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

ok so no one responded to this but thats ok..

I DID IT!!

it wasnt so bad.. at first i was panicky because the helmet made me kind of clausterphobic and i was thinking i would get motion sick and that if i did v** i wouldnt be able to get the helmet off believe me.. i thought all these things but we rode up and down the street and then we went across town and THEN I WENT on the freeway! yes the freeeewayy!! wow.. i feel better.. i am fine i didnt die.. i didnt get or feel sick.. i was fine!

im so glad that i did..

Thanks to everyone in chat tonite that talked me into it.. thanks especailly to Tiff and Bryan for helping me out the most!

Thank you thank you x a million

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Hey Kristin..Im glad you went for it and were ok! I go through this all the time with different situations. But you should feel good about it b.c. you went out there and did it!
    *Mandi*

I knew you would have a good time once you got on the bike! I own my own bike becuase I do not like riding on my husbands. You should get a bike too!

Hey Kristin! I'm SOOO GLAD you did it! I knew you could do it... it's a choice, and you just have to change the I can't to I can, and YOU DID! That is soo awesome.

Now... all of the what ifs are gone and you can relax and enjoy spending this time with your hubby. Great job.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Tiffanator

Good job Kristen...sounds like fun to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Im so glad you decided to do it. You should feel very proud of yourself, and very empowered!!!!

Yay! Well done![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

well done !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good for you! My dad has a bike and I have ridden with him lots of times. I love the feeling! I actually have a motorcycle license, went through the whole safety course and everything, but I have never bought my own bike! Good for you!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Yay.. thanks again guys.. i appraciate the encouragement! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I have a GSX-R 600; VERY freaky at first... took tonnsss of getting used to. I know how ya felt! Glad to see you were successful in getting on it. It's not so bad once your used to it.. It becomes very fun AND addictive![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

great job!! were all so proud!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;