Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to ask if anyone has taken the antibiotic Biaxin. I have been fighting a sinus infection for 2 weeks and finally went to the doc. She gave me Biaxin, NASTY stuff. I got wicked D****** from it and an awful metallic taste in my mouth. I also felt nauseous at one point (thank God for compazine). I had to really try to talk myself out of not " getting sick." Also, I have IBS with constipation ONLY, so I never get d***. On top of all this, I had to go to a wake and funeral for my hubby's aunt. It just sucked. My doc wants me to take amoxicillen now, which I have taken before, but I really don't want to take anything. Do you think the sinus will get worse? What have been your experiences with sinus inf?? Thanks in advance...........</font>

Take the amoxicillian ... you've taken it before and been fine (I've taken it too, no problems) it seems to be pretty gentle. If the infection hasn't gone away after 2 weeks I'd imagine that antibiotics is the way to go. Hang in there, it will be OK!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, you def. need the antiniotics....sinus infections are nothing to mess around with....i've had my share, and i always try to wait it out...they don't go away...Good luck
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Thanks, guys. So far I am giving my gut a rest. The cold is still lingering, so I am considering taking the amoxil.</font>