Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Bad night

I am having a bad night with my 3 year old son.He has been very restless and woken up 3 times in the past 2 hours. He has just complained of his tummy hurting and keeps pointing in his mouth so now I am starting to get anxious.

He has been poorly since last Friday, but this morning he seemed pretty much back to his old self. He ate a massive breakfast and asked for more. We took him out for the morning for the first time in a week as he has just not been up to going far until today. We took a picnic lunch and he ate everything. I was pleased as he has hardly eaten a thing in the last week.

By 1pm my son looked tired and pale so we took him home. He ate all hid dinner tonight and I assumed he was back to his old self, but now he is very unsettled and I am worrying.

Hopefully it is just from eating well today after his tummy being so empty. I just hope he is not going to wake up unwell tomorrow. He has a slight fever again and I am worrying in case the penecillin he has been on hasn't completely worked. I have never seen my little boy as ill as he has been this week and I am scared in case he still isnt better.

Sorry for going on, but it is nightime and as usual all my thoughts are completely irrational. I have tried to wake my husband to tell him, but he just said "oh" and turned over and went to sleep. I don't think he even heared me. I think it is going to be a long night.

Hey Curly-

I probably missed an earlier thread- why is your son on penicillin? Does he have an infection of some sort?

If so, he could be pointing in his mouth because he has a toothache, sore throat, etc- kids often say that their stomachs hurt when they are unwell because they don't yet have the vocabulary to say exactly what is wrong. Could it be related to what he had earlier?

Hope he is okay when he wakes up....maybe his system is adjusting to eating normally again, especially if he was sick and hasn't been eating right.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awwww, I was going to say before I saw you'd written it, maybe its cos he's back to eating normally today.

Im about online for a while...Im avoiding bed if you want anything.

~hugs~

Hope everything sorts out ok, Im sure it will.

xxx

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Thank you Amber

My son has had Scarlet Fever and his throat has been really sore with it. He seemed much better today though, so I was not expecting him to wake up with stomach ache. I know he will probably be fine and he is probably just over tired. It has just been very hard seeing him so unwell for a week. I have felt helpless when he has been crying.

He just woke up again and asked for a drink. He is still pointing in his mouth, so I think his throat must be hurting again. He seems a bit more settled after a drink so hopefully he will sleep better now and wake up like his usual mischevious self.

Thank you Ham-crisp

I think my son is a bit more settled now so hopefully he will sleep through the night now.

Hey there Curly.

Just to let you know im thinking of you and im wishing you and your son a settled night!!

Lots of love hun!!

x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you Violet

Well so far so good. My son seems to be settled now. I have just checked him and he is snoring away (just like his dad, lol).I am going to try and get some sleep and hope my son is fine in the morning. If his throat is still sore tomorrow I think I will take him back to the doctors as he is on day 6 of his penicillin so I thought his throat would be better by now. Thankyou once again everyone for your kind words and support.

I was thinking that maybe his stomach was getting used to having that much food again. It is really hard to start eating normally after not eating well for so long. Also, could his stomach be upset a bit from the antibiotic? I always make my kids eat yogurt 20 minutes before their medicine. It has really helped with their stomachs.

Hopefully by the time you read this, things will be better and you will have made it through the night with no problems.

I've been thinking about your son...my son was quite ill this past week also. I know how hard it can be on us too.
    *Amy*

Hey Curly, how is your son now? I hope he is better. I hope you got some sleep.

Thankyou momof2 and Kellybean

It is now 5.30 am. My son woke once more in the night but seems to be sleeping alright now. I think his throat was hurting him as he was pointing to his mouth again when he last woke up and asked for another drink.

momof2, I am sorry your son has not been well, I hope he is feeling much better now. It is so hard when we have to see our little ones suffer. I always feel so helpless.

How is he today? Sorry i wasn't around when you were in th thick of it all. Why do these things happen at night, and on a Friday too when it's harder to see a doctor the next day!

Sounds like his throat is still sore - throats can take up to a week to clear but I would still get him seen again. This could have been causing him to feel pain in his stomach, or it could have been the food, who knows.

Glad he's better this morning, though I guess you must be tired!

HI Curly, I'm sorry your son is still not feeling well. It's sounds like it's best if you do take him back to the doctor. It seems like after 6 days on the medicine he shouldn't still beso uncomfortable. By Saturday, I was at my wits end with my daughter, so I understand how you feel with wanting them to be better and not being able to make it happen fast enough. I hope he is better today!!

Hi Curly, Hope your son is better. Could it be the antibiotic making him feel funny? Try to rest up yourself as much as you can. Sounds like you have been up alot. Take care,,,,,,,,,,</font>

I am just reading this post, so i hope that your baby boy is better now, and that he is going to be fine for a while...stay strong and it will be ok. K
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Thankyou everyone. My son at last seems much better. He had a bad day yesterday with a high temperature again, no appetite and just wanted to sit on my knee all day, but this morning he got up in a lovely mood and has been lovely all day. He has been up to his usual mischief which I have been missing so much. He has playedwell with his sister and even asked to take his scooter to the park. He had a 2 hour nap this afternoon, but other than that he has been back to his old self. It is such a relief to see him better. I hope he will get up the same happy little boy tomorrow. Thankyou once again for all your kind words.

zane, I hope your little girl is feeling better now.

I am so glad to hear he had a good day. Isn' t that the most wonderful feeling of relief when they act normally? I was actually happy my son was fighting with his sister.

Hopefully you will get some much needed and well-deserved rest. I know how it can take a toll on us.

*Amy*

HI Curly, My daughter was back to normal finally by today!! I'm so glad to hear your little guy is better. Is so tough when they are sick, and we just can't swoop in and just make it all go away. I felt so helpless when she was ill. I would have done anything for her to be better. I hope he stays well and has no more set backs.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]