Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

When I read posts about condictions people have that involve being sick, I immediately think I have them... I have just read about cycilcle vomiting or something and now I'm all paranoid because my Dad get's migranes and I get car sickness... I don't personally get mmigranes but... "runs in the family is good enough" apparently. UGH irritated with myself for reading that post.

=( =/ ='( xxx

Isn't that terrible? I do the same thing...it's like I take other's problems and make them my own. Perhaps this website isn't the best for you. I did the same alot once I found this site. I was convinced that I had food poisioning every time I ate because that is what I read about.

I wonder why we do this? I feel like someone could describe any medical condition and I would have 1/2 the symptoms!

Try to relax.
    *Amy*

I do this to. It really sucks because your mind will beleive anything you make it. I read a book that helps you change your thinking into positive thinking, and your mind will beleive the positive. It's very interesting. If I remember the name, I will post it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think the book is "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Norman Vincen Peale. He has a whole bunch of them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i feel the same. Sometimes i feel like reading other peoples post helps me out, but sometimes it just scares me even more, and makes me even more paranoid.

i hope everything gets better for you!
    Let there be Light at the end of the tunnel

Im exactly the same.

Ill read all the posts. Im not sure...mayeb cos I hope Ill be able to help people in the way they do me and I feel bad for not...but it always makes me worse.

The more I read the more I think. Im not sure whether to just stop reading...cos when my computer broke my emet wasn't constantly on my mind like it is again now

xxx.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

That's why I took a 1-2 week break from here. But then I realized that this forum has been so helpful me, I had to come back.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thankgod I'm not the only one.. I though I was an emet - EXTREME version, that twists other peoples problems in to my own... but obviously most of us do it too... Hmph. I'll try and get hold of that book too at some point =)

Thankyou everyone =)

Love Amy xXxXxXx