Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have to take this for an infection I have "down there" since having the baby. Of course, the usually side effects are listed: n*, d*, v*. Has anyone had experience with this? It looks like it is usually prescribed for sinus and ear infections.

Eat yogurt before 1/2 hour before you take the medicine. It coats the stomach so that the antibiotic doesn't kill the good bacteria in your stomach. It will prevent the side effects you are concerned about! It is the best advice my mother ever gave me.
    *Amy*

I have taken this a few times for tonsilitis and I never had a problem ............ no nausea or vomiting. I believe that my doc told me to take it with food, but its been a while since I have had to take it. My son was on Augmentin a few weeks ago and didnt have any of those side affects.

Hows your baby girl doing?!?!

She's doing pretty good. A little cranky, but the doc told me that this is the cranky time (between 3 and 6 weeks). She refuses to sleep during the day so she gets pretty cranky. Knock on wood, she is great at night - usually only up once! And when she gets up I just change her diaper and feed her and she is back to sleep fast. I can't believe how much she has grown! In the last two weeks she gained over a pound! She was at the doctor's today and I was floored when they told me how uch she weighed. I knew she was getting heavy but she is getting big too fast for me! She is a sweetheart though and has been smiling a lot more. She is so cute!

Awww, this is such a special time. Makes you want to savor every moment. You are so lucky that she sleeps so well at night!!!! I didnt get that lucky with my first, lol!!!! Im glad everything is going so well!!!!

I had to take it for a really bad sinus infections. I remember that it made my stomach feel heavy...It was a weird feeling but definatly no n* or v*...Plus I did not eat before I took it. So you should be just fine.

I have had this medication a lot as well. Never got sick from it. May upset your stomach a little...just depends on the person.

I have to admit, I've been afraid to take this medication. Since the infection isn't one that really getsin my way, I haven't had much incentive to take the risk. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] And I have noticed today that the smell is gone. Could it have cleared up on its own? I don't know what my problem is - I have never had a problem with antibiotics before so most likely these will be fine too. I used to get tonsitis all the time when I was a kid, so chances are I have even taken this one before. I know I need to take them, but I just can't get myself to. I will force myself to do it in the morning since I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow. I will be all alone with the baby though, which could be tough if I am n* . . .

Im sure pregnancy and labor is far more likely to make you feel bad then an antibiotic! And you made it through that just fine! I would take it, you don't want things to get any worse.

I chickened out again this morning, but my husband is forcing me to take it now. My appointment was at the same time as my daughter's pediatrician appointment, so my husband stayed with my daughter, and I went to my appointment in the same building. When I got back to the pediatrician's office and said I did have an infection, the pediatrician said to watch out and make sure that my daughter doesn't get it. So, my hubby is making me do it for my daughter's well being too - which is why I am taking it right now and going to bed. Wish me luck! I will update as to how it went in the morning.

alwaysamber - you are right about the pregnancy thing - and I would do that again in a second! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Hi SIllygirl. I just wrote the same thing about Biaxin. Augmentin made my stomach feel crampy and funny and I ended up stopping it because it was the wrong med (long story). Give it a try and see...just make sure to do all that the others told you about eating etc...</font>

Hope all is well, and that the antibiotic is making you well, and not sick....hope you and baby are doing fine.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Well, I've taken two doses now. I felt a little funny a couple of times, but it was probably just nerves because it only happened when I was thinking about it and as soon as I got busy doing something else, I felt fine.

andee - how long did it take you to feel crampy? Was it after the first dose or did it take a while?

kate - I think the prro baby has a lot of gas today. She has been more fussy than usual and when she cries it is out of the blue like she is in pain. Then she wiggles around and kicks her legs, tenses her stomach, etc. She finally went down for a nap after a second dose of Mylicon, so hopefully she will sleep for a while. I think I am really starting to head toward post pardum depression. I have had some issues all along, but it's been a month and there is no sign of anything getting better. I am off to go work in the nursery so my hubby doesn't watch me crying here at the computer.

It took a few doses for me to start feeling that way. The Biaxin I took for sinus gave me wicked D***** after only one dose, it was extended release. NEVER again with that....</font>

Well I am glad you decided to take it. Sorry to hear about PPD. Just make sure that if it gets worse that you get help. Hang in there.

Amber