Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Stomach issues

I have problems with my stomach so often I can't stand it. The thing is, I went for a scope and became "combative and belligerent" while it was being done so they had to stop. My doctor ordered a different set of tests, but I am too afraid to do it.

I feel like I have so much pressure right in the center of my ribcage. It feels like I have been punched there and I got the wind knocked out of me, yet it also makes me feel nauseous. It seems like it happens mostly after I eat, no matter what I eat.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this or what you think it might be. I was taking reglan but had a HORRIBLE reaction to it. It was helping, but now I am back to square one. Could it be a problem with digestion? Some say reflux, but I never have the burning or acid coming up...I had that while pregnant.

Thanks in advance.
    *Amy*

2 weeks ago I had the scope done.
    I had a scope done years ago and I was just like you, I fought like hell and the doctor gave up on me.
    When I had the scope done 2 weeks ago I spoke with the surgeon who was doing it and I told him he has to knock me out, he told me that they will spray my throat to freeze it so I won't feel the tube. I told him no good I have to be knocked out and that is how I got the test done.
    The doctor should have knocked you out or you can try again and request to be knocked out! I woke up feeling fine no nausea nothing, just tired.
    I have had stomach problems for years now. I had the gall bladder removed about 8 years ago and still having problems.
    I think you should talk to your doctor and see what he can do to make you feel more relaxed. You have problems with your stomach and you need to know what is going on so they can put you on the right medication to make you feel better.
    Believe me if I can go to the hospital by myself (my mother picked me up) and get this done so can you.
    My problem right now is inflammation on the lining of the stomach, I do have pain in the middle but I always make sure there is something in there, like crackers and lots of water.Edited by: ontariogirl

I get the pressure too, and it usually preceeds a stomachache. I heard that it was the beginning of reflux too. sorry if this is no help!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

if its between ur ribs it sounds like its in ur diaphram... however u spell it!!! cud be trapped air or sumtin... im not sure but i get pains there when i drink alcohol and when i down fizzy drinks too fast... u realy shud get it checked
    stef - everything happens for a reason

Thanks guys- I appreciate your imput. I agree that I want to have the scope and wil need to be put out. My doc did say that if it needed to be done again, it would have to be done in the hospital under a true anesthetic.

I always think it is my gallbladder. I don't think I have stones, but my PC said that it may not be functioning at 100% and that can cause those pains. I just do not want to have the procedure that determines that...had it once and it was the worst feeling of nausea in the world.

Thanks-
    *Amy*