Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi everyone!! I am new here. Well actually I have come on and read your posts everyday for about a year.

Anyway my daughter woke up this morning and she V*** 5 times. Last night before she went to bed I kissed her on the lips and I also shared an ice cream with her. My question is have any of you had close contact like that and not caught it.

I usually don't catch things from my kids but I am extremly scared!!! PLease any comments are welcome!!! Brandi

Knock on wood, there have only been a couple of times that I have gotten sick from my children. V* sick I mean. Since your daughter was not showing symptoms last night when you shared the ice cream, it is highly possible that you wont get it. I dont want to say for sure you wont, because that could be misleading. I think taking the proper precautions while she is v'ing is the key to not getting sick. I have a friend that isnt emet, and has raised two children and she never got a stomach bug fomr them except one time. I hope that you remain well and that your daughter gets well soon!!!! Is she your only child?

Please keep us posted!!!!

And ............ WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!!

Thanks so much. She is not my only child. She is 6 and I have a son that is 9. I have kept her in her room all day away from everybody. I used lots of clorox cleaner and lysol. And when I was dumping her bucket ( which she never missed thank goodness ) I held my shirt over my nose and mouth. Don't know if that helped.

Don't mean to be a pest but I read on Alvins answers that you can't catch it from saliva. So would that make the ice cream and kissing ok? She has had a weird stomach all week but I thought it was her eating or swimming to much. Guess I was wrong.

Heya.

QUick post just to see how you're doing. SOunds like you handles the situation really well! I don't have kids but all the same if someone was ill in my house I dont think Id be able to go near them or a bucket. well done!!!

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Welcome to the site! My kids are 9 and 5. I've shared ice cream, drinks etc a few hours before they have v*, and I kiss them constantly - lol! I have only ever caught a mild bug on one occasion, which gave me d*. Just practice all the good hygeine stuff and you'll be doing everything you can toavoid getting this.

I would say the ince cream and kissing are fine as she wasn't showing any symptoms at that stage. I breastfed my daughter through two bad sv, fed her between her v* episodes, and I didn't catch anything. I know you'll worry for a couple of days, that's normal for emet mums, but there's a good chance you won't pick this up.

Heya.

Im back. hehe. Ive been thinking about it. And I just realised. For some straaange reason I remember...I was having a good day, and my cousin had a sv that both her sister and mum had had beforehand. And she was ill all night and morning. And in the afternoon I was sitting on the bed with her talking to her in the room she'd been ill in and I never got ill from that.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Hi and welcome. I hope everything is better this morning. I agree with everyone else saying that you should be okay because you had contact with her before the symptoms began. You seem like you are taking very good precautions to. Keep us posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks so much everyone!!! It is so nice being able to post and hear from all of you. I really appreciate it!!!

Hi, I am a new member but experienced mum going through the same thing right now. My 9 year old son was ill yesterday, and though I have been quite well, in terms of this problem , I get relapses when there is a bug in the house. To complicate matters, my 12 year old daughter has the phobia as well, and needs lots of reassurance from me that she will not catch it. I give her the right talk, a script, that she probably won't and even if she does, it will only last a while and I will look after her, but I say all this without believing it myself. My son was playing with a friend who had been ill but was better for a day or so before she played with him. So it actually took about a week to take hold in him. Now I don't tell you think to frighten you, but to tell you these incubation periods do vary, you can not count on some one else's experience as a guideline. Anyways, my big, horrible problem is that we are due to go on holiday im a few days, and I have had to tell my husband I can'tt face going for fear of getting ill when we are away . I told him I know it is irrational, and that I was very sorry, but the anxiety was such that not only would I not enjoy it, but I would not be able to placate my daughter if she were anxious and or ill. I am quite good, or so I thought , of looking after them when they are il, give kisses and cuddles and sit with them ,but inside I am quaking and my girl must have picked up on this which is possibly why she has it too. My son is normal.

Now I feel this is the blind deading the blind, but all I can suggest is try not to worry too much before hand and if you do get it, try to line up support to look after your kid so you can look after yourself. I wish I could be of more comfort to you and I am ashamed of myself that I can not go on the holiday and not surr if my daughter will either, she suffers , as I do, from general anxiety as well which makes her feel sick anyway. And car sickness, so she is really struggling. I wish you all the best and hope you stay well.