Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I miss school!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Im missing school like crazy. I can't actually wait for september to come. I picked my courses for my 3rd year at university and this is what I'm taking:

Math: fundemental concepts in Math

Psychology: personality development

Philosophy: knowledge, truth, and opinion

Psychology: Adolescent development

Social Anthropology: Intoduction to Anthro/Soc

Psychology: Selected topics

Psychology: Social Emotional Development

Biology: Human Genetics and Development

Psychology: Sensation and Perception

I can't wait for it all to start again.( I'm taking a Bacholar of Science with a major in Psychology and a minor in Biology)

is anyone else excited about school yet? what are you all taking?Edited by: Babydoll
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Hahaha- I actually miss school too, but since I am done the course component for my Masters, I no longer have any classes (until 2007 when I start the PhD). I actually MISS having to do assignments, study, attend lectures....how pathetic is that? lol. I'm like Lisa Simpson when her school went on strike.

Math? Eww, lol. And beware of philosophy classes.....inevitably you will have one loser who won't be able to shut up for the entire class, to the point where even the prof gets annoyed. They are either a guy with poofy hair, pants that are too short, and who may or may not have pretentious facial hair; or a girl who is socially retarded and will try to be your friend. And try too hard. Good luck with that, lol.

I may switch it up come fall, and TA outside of my specialty. Maybe a women's studies or sociology class...

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Are you taking 28 credit hours? i took this semester off and I miss school also. I am getting my B.S in math. I want to teach elementary math (as of right now). I am 2 semesters away so I want to hurry and get it done.

I miss schooool!

I've had an extra long summer cos I had my GSCE's. Im kinda terrrified about starting my A Levels but at the same time actually miss everything about school.

I wont be saying that when it comes closer Im sure but for now I am.

xxx.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Funny isn't it...I teach at a University and I'm not missing you guys at all...lol!!!

Hah I am NOT looking forward to school!! I'm going into my junior year of high school, which is the toughest because you are taking the PSATs and SATs and ACTs and SAT IIs and choosing colleges and trying to keep all of your grades to an A. I'm looking forward to senior year!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I haven't been in school since 2000, and I miss it too. I need to take something else, but I don't know what to take. I took Law and Security but there are no jobs in that. Around here, there are no jobs period.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its funny but sometimes I miss going to college. It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed learning (for the most part). I just have to figure out what it is I want to do in life, and if it requires more college I'll go back (I have the basics covered so when/if I do go back I won't have to take those).

Yuck missing school! Yes! You all are crazy Just kidding! I have not been in school since 1998 and I anything but miss it! Maybe the friends and socializing of it all but not the homework!
    Christi
    *^**^***^****^*****^******^**
    Proud Mommy to Zachary

I'm kind of looking forward to school, mainly because I'm running out of stuff to do! I'm going in to year 12 and starting my AS levels so it should be interesting. I'm doing:

English - because it interests me and I love to write
    History - Because its so varied and doesn't get boring fast
    Psychology - Just to give it a g
    Politics - So I can argue in a more informed way!

i can't wait til school!!! i'm going into my second year at college and i'm taking :

developmental psychology, statistical analysis in psychology (dreading this one, it's a math course, i suck at math but i needed to take it!), geography 101 lol, and history: foundations of america

i'm pretty excited because this is my semester 'general education' courses, which are usually easy. next semester, it's organic chem, microbiology, anatomy and physiology, and everything else terrible [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]maybe nursing isn't the right major for me! hehe
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

blondie, stats isn't that bad. I took it in my first year, and as long as you keep up with the assignments, you'll do fine. I had to get a tutor in the second half of the year, but it really wasn't that bad - they give you the formulas ( we were allowed 2 cheat sheets for the final exam) and you can use a calculator - its really like, math for dummies. hehe.

oh and amber! YES! the guy with the big curly hair!! I had one in this years class! He had an opinion on everything and you knew it was going to be a long class once he started talking.I'm only taking math this year because its a good course for elementary school teachers to have, otherwise, Id be running away!

I think as each year goes by, I get more and more into my degree.

I'm also getting more poor as each year goes by - but an education, I belive, is priceless.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I would love to go back to Uinversity. I studiedAncient and Medieval History. It was the one time in my life I felt really fulfilled and excited about life, despite it being hard work. Ever since I graduated in 2001 I've felt empty and like I'm searching for something. I'd love to go back but finances make it pretty impossible right now, plus the fact that we've got a baby on the way.

My brother is just about to go to the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama to study Double Bass and I'm so jealous! I auditioned for singing there but they told me my voice was crap and I had no future as a singer. Still hurts.

School? I'm not ready to go back!

I'm changing schools to teach a different grade and program all together! I taught Grade 7 for 4 years with a couple of French classes and now I'm going to teach Grade 8 Extended French which is a special program that gives the students French for 50% of their day.

I had to leave my past school because of 7 teachers who made it their mission in life to make our principal's life a living hell. The sad part is that he is the sweetest man in the world. In fact, I called him "school Dad"! He retired and I couldn't stay there anymore without him. A whole bunch of us got together and made the decision to look for other jobs, even though it broke our hearts to be apart. We all found other schools and I chose to leave my friends and the school that was like my home. My friend Andrea and I have made it our mission to find a school that will take both of us. The Dynamic Duo will be together again! The last day was so sad and I cried all day!

I'm scared, not of my new program, but because I left my support system behind. I don't have them with me for the everyday things and the important ones. I was surrounded by friends during my miscarriage, when my dad and neice were sick, and the year before my wedding. Now I have to explain this phobia all over again to new people.This is what makes me sad and resentful that these "teachers"(as they call themselves) who aren't there for kids, won their battle: they got rid of us.

I guess it's time for new beginnings and to leave the negativity behind me. I'm sure a lot of you know that I have had a nasty year. It's time for a fresh start! I have a lot to look forward to in the coming year - my first cousin is have a baby (a week after I was supposed to [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]) and my best friend is getting married. With a little luck my fresh start will include a little one of my own! So far no dice, but I'm hopeful.

happyteacher

Well, for me, i don't miss the school! I just finished school in june
    and that's a big relief to know that i won't be back in it for a long
    time. Althought i don't have any diploms so i won't be able to go to
    college, i wanted to do Study of Foreign Languages speciality english
    and chinese but like i said i won't be able to do it anymore. I'm
    searching for a job now and it's quite difficult to find one!

Well, take care mates !

Ben.

Le Paroxysme de la Tranquilité.

Compulsory good manners.

I graduated college in 2004 and I miss it so bad. I hated school when I was there, but now I regret wishing it away. It was so much fun having roommates and partying all time and having fun. It was the perfect balance of having responsibility but not too much. Now I feel like I'm losing my brain so I've been taking classes here and there just so my brain doesn't turn into complete mush. Enjoy it while it lasts!!