Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Perhaps the following belongs in the "treatment"
    section. I however could not bear to put it anywhere besides the place where it
    will have the most appearance. I'm writing this in hopes of helping others,
    with the hope that some of you will take action to better shape not just your
    behavior but your entire lives.

After really looking at my problem, I began to understand that my fear of
    vomiting in front of others wasn't the problem per say. The diagnosis was
    anxiety attacks; the fear of vomiting is just the symptom, the resulting
    action. If you better understand the problem you have a clearer shot at driving
    it away. I would feel completely guilty if I didn't come here and share my
    findings and experiences with what is perhaps the closest thing we have to a
    cure in pill form. What I'm talking about here is Lexapro. After some research
    it was self-prescribed to me and I have been taking it for over 2 months now.

Imagine your fear, all the distraught you put yourself through in your daily
    life melting away leaving you clear to think for yourself. It's been awhile
    since you've felt that way hasn't it? There is no miracle cure, but I believe
    this is the closest we may ever get. I take 20mg <st1:time minute="0" hour="12">midday</st1:time>
    and find myself more confident and much less anxious in certain social
    situations. So, I’m here to let you know it might be a good idea to ask your
    doctor about Lexapro. It has helped me greatly, and although I have a long way
    to go until I’m totally free of my fear, it’s good to know I have another leg
    to stand on. It’s really amazing how much better I feel after being on the
    medication. I wish you the best, Tuk.

Hey thanks for sharing your success so far!

That is great.. my psychologist will be sending me to a psychiatrist.. and i will be having meds along with therapy and EMDR therapy so I am hoping that the combo should help me out alot.

The problem is.. with me and new anti depressants is the stupid side affects.. im so closed minded to that.. if i see n* or v* in the first line or two.. uh uh.. nope im done.. to scared.. no thanks.. but im sure ill work on that too.. and i hope to eventually not even carry all my anti emet pills with me all places too.. we wil see.. one day at a time!

Thanks for sharing!

Kristin
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

what anti-emets do you take if you don't mind me asking? I've never given that a consideration but if they are over the counter that might be good to keep handy.

I just really hope people would consider taking it to the next level and realize that if they're registered on a FORUM dedicated to their problem, medication should be a major consideration because it does take a huge amount of weight off your chest when you can't lift it off yourself.

Edited by: tuk1

Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm sure many people here will benefit from it, and it's good that it's helped you. For me personally I do not like meds, and will not take them except for pain meds, plus my fear is rooted in the fear of loss of control and the fear of being helpless. But that's a great find! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!