Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: =(

ok so I hope you people dont mind me posting here, I just needed somewhere to talk.

I have a friend, who Im not that close with but close enough. Either way, he was camping a few weeks ago and had to come home early cos his mum was ill. I was telling my mum..and I knew from her face something was wrong. then he told me she's in hospital...on my mums ward.

My mum works on a cancer ward, giving treatment and stuff, so I was kinda upset even though Ive never met his mum I know its not nice and I really felt for him.

It got worse, his mum refused treatment for whatever reason, I feel bad for saying this here...but I hate having no one to talk to about it. ANyway, they moved her to a home to basically die, and I think that happened today. he's not talking at all on msn, and his screen name is just rip...

Im reallly upset, mainly for him. I cant imagine how awful it must be for him and his family. I hope you guys dont mind the random post, Im just really upset and feel helpless cos he's not talking so I thought Id post here.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

I wish I had some advice to share. Have you tried calling your friend? Maybe you could give him a ring and let him know that you are there for him in case he wants to talk. What he's going through is very difficult so he might just need time to sort things out before he will open up to you. Sorry I couldn't offer more encouraging words.
    &lt;a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;

Geez that is rough, I am sorry that happened.

I agree maybe try and give him a ring or something, do you have his phone #?

If not and if msn is the only way to get ahold of him, maybe just leave a message saying that you're thinking of him during this tough time. It may take a while till he is back on, but when he comes back on you could talk some.

Oh, I really feel for your friend, so sorry to hear this.

I lost my Mom in 2004, and her last days were tough. I would assume that he is spending as much time with her as possible?? I'm sure he is taking advantage of the time he has with his mom right now.

She probably refused treatment because she's comfortable with the fact that she may die soon, and ready to start the transition. my mom did the same thing, and was at peace with it, even though it was soooooo hard on our family.

Maybe you can send him and his family a card? I know you're concerned, and I do hope that you hear from him soon. My thoughts are with you all--take care.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

oh wow.. thats really tough.

i feel so bad for them both! soo hard and sad..

Just be supportive as possible.. he probably is gonna wanna hang long for quite some time so he can greive some. Its only natural.

This is pretty traumatic he might not want to talk to anyone right now but close family and freinds.. maybe not even that.. I remember when my grandmother died and I was the only one there by her side.. i didnt talk to anyone.. not family or freinds. I just needed my greiveance period.

Hope all goes well. all in my thoughts and prayers

Kristin
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain