Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm worrying a little. My two boys, ages 4 and 6, seem to have come
    down with something. My youngest son woke up with a cough yesterday and
    it kept waking him up in his sleep last night...to the point of
    gagging. Now my oldest is coughing. Other than the coughs and extremely
    sore throats, nothing else seems to be wrong. Of course, I was a true
    emet and quizzed them several times about any other ailments including
    a tummy ache.

One time when they both got sick it started out just like this and they
    ended up v*ing a few days after the initial cold symptoms. I think that
    and the fact that the last time I had a cold I ended up dry heaving
    (which totally sends me into panic mode) are the reasons I'm worried. I
    hate being an emet.

Any advice? Thanks guys!!!

Now Alec, the four year old, has a temperature of 100* and he's lost
    his appetite. I'm just scared that whatever this is will end up with
    him v*ing. Does it sound like just a cold or something else?

I had a terrible dose of cold/flu after I graduated from University in July 2001. The weather was really hot and it wasn't traditional "cold/flu" weather (which you normally think of as being cold and damp) but I must have been run down from all the studying I did for finals because I went down with this thing a few days after graduating and was in bed for weeks. I had all the temperature, cough, sore throat, shivers aches etc of the classic cold/flu. What your little boys have sounds very much like what I had. And I never v* with it at all.

I inagine its a summer cold. See if you can get something from the chemist/doctor to ease their throats and coughs, give them plenty to drink. People rarely actually v* through coughing even if it makes them gag because its a throat reflex rather than a stomach reflex, so try not to worry about that.

I've had pleanty of awful colds and never got s* from them.

I completely lost my appetite and I was terrified it would result in a v* bug cos I knew someone that once had that happened. But Iwas ok. So far as that went anyway.

Hope theyre feeling better soon

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Sorry your sons are not feeling well.It is soworrying when they get coughs,high temperaturesand sore throats. My son is just getting over Scarlet Fever and I felt exactly the same as you, worrying he would v*. He did actually v* just once, but it was only a little bit and for some reason I stayed quite calm, but then went into panic mode when I thought it was going to happen again.

If your sons have told you they do not havetummy ache, then that is a good sign that they do not have anything stomach related. I hope both of your little boys soon feel better.

Wishing you and your children better days again. There is nothing like worrying about our children.
    *Amy*