Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Madame Tussauds

Has anyone been in the like .. scary part of this?

BLOOOOOMIN 'ECK!

I went when I was in London last week and .. eeeek!

Was crying my eyes out, and screaming, and running in circles and like hiding myself in corners are refusing to move ^_^ And all the live actors were laughing at me, and going like..

'BLUBUBUBUBUBU *snaaaarrrlll*' and stuff to me .. right in my face .. just to be mean and yeah .. petrifying. =(

But errrm to make this topic have a bit more meaning ..

Where are you going/Where have you been on your holidays this year?

xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Haha yes i've been to the one in New York! I went in the scary part last, and my friend and I held on to each other somuch!!!! But after we were greeted by a lovely sight of Jennifer Aniston standing on a pedestal, so it was fine.

This year i've been to horse camp for two weeks, to visit my friends for one, and been taking driver's ed. The rest i'm going to spend here in boston, although we're going to florida for one week.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I wouldn't fancy going to Madame Tussauds, even statues give me the creeps!

We went to Mull this year, a beautiful island off the west coast of Scotland. It's where they film Balamory, so the boys loved it!

My mam told me that Balamory is a real place .. with like .. the pink castle and the orange bookshop and all that..

But how can it be Balamory if it's Mull?!

=\

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry if I confused you, Sarah-warah, Mull is an island and Tobermory (Balamory) is the biggest town on it! And yes, the coloured houses are real!

Yes Tobermory is a real place, my cousin has been there to see hehe but I don't think the castle is really pink. Sorry, don't wanna ruin anyones dreams here. Dreamer what part of Scotland are you in? Probably asked before.

Yes I've been to MT and the scary part and my friend and I just held hands and ran like f*ck the whole way while screaming hehe It was a good time though [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Ok pardon my ignorance, but what is madame tussauds? Is it like a haunted house or something? What makes it so scary?

http://www.madame-tussauds.co.uk/ It's a waxwork museum thing. It has waxworks of famous people. The Penelope Cruz one scared me simply because she was so little I thought it was a real person. The thing itself is not scary, it's just celebs made into waxworks and it's fun.

But then they have the chamber of horrors section,which is serial killers etc after that you can also go into what's called "The Chamber Live" Which is this thing you walk through and all these actors jump out on you and chase you and scare the crap out of you. haha

When you go into the Chamber Live they shut and lock the gate behind you so you have no choice but to go forward. It's really fun! Link to Chamber Live
    Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Ohhh okay so its like a wax museaum. I went to a site about madame tussauds, and it said it was like a brand name or something? Then it said something about having celebrities at your party. I was like whaa??

So its just a wax museam? Or is that just a part of it?

ETA: Yeah thats the site I went to, and I was still like huh? [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Edited by: Galadriel

Ok I get it, I went to the site again, and realized all those celebrities (like Julia Roberts and Prince Charles) are WAX figures! I thought they were real. Ahh I see, so they make real real good wax figurines.

Whats in the scary part?
    *Mandi*

Hippychick - I'm just outside Glasgow, near Coatbridge,

Mandi - The scary part has like .. all like .. models of like .. serial killers and the plague and .. stuff..

And all these crazy actor people that jump out and sniff you and shout at you andstuff![img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

Oh cool, I'm in Glasgow

Mandi in the scary part is the chamber of horrors which are waxworks of murderers etc. And in the chamber Live, are actors dressed up, jumping out and scaring the crap outta you.

Edited by: hippychick

LOL, sounds amazing! I've always wanted to go to Madam Toussauds! I scare very easily, so I'd be hopeless in the Chamber section [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

I went to the one in London a while ago. It was when my emet was at its worse, and my mum took me to see Cats and Starlight Express. Then she suggested all these places and got angry cos I just wanted to sit in the hotel

We went there in the end and I loved it...but I was terrified by the horrible non famous people bit.

Quite like to go again and actually appreciate it rather than spend the whole time sussing out where the nearest toilet/exit is.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>