Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Man this morning my sinuses are all heavy feeling again like they were a week or so ago, and my head feels like weighted and I have trouble walking straight, but I'm also feeling nauseas too with it and man I don't want to get sick. I am on my period, so this probably doesn't help, but I dont think its why my head is acting funny.

Man I really feel sick. I feel like I'm holding you know what back by sheer willpower now, ugh![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Hey Huni

SOrry to hear you feel so awful.

Could it be cos you're on your period?

What I always think when Im feeling really ill...is why would I have anything?
    I think about how Ive not eaten anything bad or seen anyone thats been ill.

Keep yourself distracted.

xxx.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Awww sorry your feeling like this. Do you have anything to take for the n*?? try getting some air also, i found that helped yesterday when i felt n*. I hope you feel better.

Ruth x
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks
    Yeah I don't know if its just period or period + feeling lightheaded or what, but man. This just sucks, I've been sitting up for a couple hours like this. Its odd cause its morning here (like 8am) and I almost never feel sick in the morning (no I'm not pregnant either lol!) but man. I feel like I could go br, but everytime I try I feel so sick that I almost get sick, and so that scares me from erm, going. I hate this, I feel like help someone put me out of my misery!

Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel
    Thanks
    I feel like I could go br, but everytime I try I feel so sick that I almost get sick, and so that scares me from erm, going.
    Im all confusled. Sorrry. hehe.

Well I'm online, both in the chat room and on msn if you want distractions. I can usually manage to bore people to sleep with my conversations. hehe.

hope youre feeling better soon ~hugs~ sure you will do
    <font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Quote Originally Posted by ham_crisp
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel
    Thanks
    I feel like I could go br, but everytime I try I feel so sick that I almost get sick, and so that scares me from erm, going.
    Im all confusled. Sorrry. hehe.

Well I'm online, both in the chat room and on msn if you want distractions. I can usually manage to bore people to sleep with my conversations. hehe.

hope youre feeling better soon ~hugs~ sure you will do
    Going #2. Geez I'm getting to where I feel like someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery. Can this be just from period? Man this sucks so bad. Downstairs the people it smells like burned their breakfast, so man now I really feel sick from that odor.

I felt really ill yesterday from being on my period.
    Some times it just makes me feel worse than others.
    is there something you can do to take your mind off it? maybe get some air like roofus suggested. that way you're away from the smell too.

xxx.

I agree, try getting some air. Im sorry your feeling like this. I really thought i was going to v* yesterday till the point i sat in bathroom, in the end i took some anti-emetics and i was ok in half an hour and had a nice sleep lol. Try and keep your mind off it, do you have any music to listen to?? or drawing?? i found paiting really helps calms me down, i went and got some painting things earlier so i have been doing that to take my mind off things. I really hope you feel better, periods can make you feel very n*, they can make your stomach also upset, so its probally that which is causing you to feel n*.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Ruth and ham crisp.
    Man I am starting to seriously wish I had anti-emetics with me. It would be better than sitting here for hours feeling horrible.
    I've tried like 5 times to go br, but everytime I get so so sick feeling sitting there that I kind of freak and have to get out of there (I feel kind of enclosed too much).

Heh Ruth maybe you could like airmail me some of what you have anti-emetic wise, lol I'll pay super duper priority! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Heh just kiddin.

Man I really hope this lets up sometime today. I really don't want to feel so horrible all day, its exhausting feeling like this.

I just fear if I did get sick, that I wouldn't stop or something. I don't know how it is with period v*, Ive only ever gotten sick with an sv (which has been many times v*) so I am like programmed to think anytime I'm sick it could go on for a long time.

Edited by: Galadriel

Ive never actually v* cos of it, Ive just felt super ill.

ust think positive thoughts and tell yourself that you're gonna be ok. Thinking about it will make you feel worse than it is.

are you still feeling 'heavy headed' and sinus-ey?

hey ham crisp,
    well, i dont think as bad sinusy wise, but I am feeling sicker stomach wise.
    Thanks for helping me get thro this. I know if the worst happens I wont die, but I also get afraid how it'll affect my well, tendency to make stupid associations like if I get sick from my period this time I'll freak out everytime I get my period, and I don't want those associations to happen, you know what I mean?

Could you be getting a sinus infection? If you are heavy headed and having trouble walking maybe your equalibrium is off a bit? that can make you feel sick. Could your hubby pick you up some drammamine or something? Also periods don't help anything ugh the joys of womanhood!

Try a cool rag on the back of your neck, put in a good movie and try to distract yourself. Do you have any one you can call and just chat w/?

I hope you're feeling better soon!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Hey Simply Me,
    I dont know maybe I could be. Its probably that plus my period just making me feel like this. I could talk to my husband, but man when he is in the room its like I start feeling real sick because Im afraid that I'll get sick in front of him.

Part of me fears doing anything that could make bad associations (does that sound nuts?) Like say I do watch a movie, I know if I got sick then I probably couldn't watch it again, and I dont want to do that.

Do you think dramamine would get rid of this or at least take the edge off?

**this sounds gross**

Maybe when you were sleeping, your sinuses were draining and you swalloed some of the mucus. That would upset your stomach.

its ok. I know what its like having no one to talk to and I hate having no one to talk to and take my mind off things. Ive got nothing to do anyway.

yeah I know exactly what you mean.
    Im the opposite now though. If I ever feel really ill I just tell myself it must be cos my period is on its way and tell myself it's ok cos I've not v* from it before.

With a bit of luck you're feeling ill will pass soon and you'll feel better.

xxx.

Yeah I worry about the associations too. Try a move you don't really care if you see again lol. I've never taken drammamine but my ex's mom had had that inner ear deal and gone to the er v* and she said that's what they gave her so .... I don't see how it could hurt anything. I'm on Yahoo msg'r if you wanna chat.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for the replies.
    Well, I did manage to go br some so hopefully that will help.

I am on a new computer, so Im not sure how to even locate how to sign onto a chat thing. Its ok tho, just typing on the messageboard helps.

Maybe when my husbnad wakes up I should have him go get some dramamine.

How are u feeling now??? any better?? its 12.45am here in aus n im feeling realy unwell too and i just got my period today too so im thinking its that as well!!! when i feel like this i hav to be away from everyone too cos i start panicking if im stuck in a room wit someone or sumting. so my whole fam are in bed n usually when i feel like this id be in my room writing in my journal or cleaning to distract myself or sumtin but iv just moved bak home wit them two weeks ago n i hav to share a room wit my older bro so theres no way i can go to bed or anyhing now!!! if u worry so much about associations ur never going to be able to distract urself and ul continue sitting there freaking out only making it worse. dont eat anything as eating things when u feel sick will def turn u off it... try sitting outside in the sun wit a book or write a song or draw or paint ur nails or sumtin... i just took an antiemetic and now i feel safe so ask ur hubby to grab u some when he gets up.... dont take ibuprofen or nurofen or anyhting for ur periods cos they upset the stomach... think positively, at least its daytime there!!! its early morning hours here and i hate it[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] i hate night time so much wit this bloody phobia and feeling like this!!! sry bout my rave hope iv helped a bit im quite tired but scared to go to bed! hope ur feeling better let us know!!
    stef - everything happens for a reason

Hey Stef,
    Man Im sorry you're dealing with this too. I have been dozing on and off some on the couch which is good. Ive also been making myself drink some water, because if I do get sick I figure its better water than on an empty stomach.

I did take womens mydol earlier, so maybe that didn't help my stomach at all either. It hasnt seemed to have any effect at all. My husband is still not up yet lol. Its a little after 11am here.

Part of me is wondering if it isnt turning into hunger nausea. Thats kind of what it feels like, like that awful gnawing nausea that comes with hunger, but I'm still too afraid to really eat anything, so I'm sipping water.

Awww sorry your still feeling bad,Haha yeah i could airmail you some lol. It seems to really help me, i think if i didn't have them yesterday i would have v*, i think it was dhydration as my ibs was really bad and then i didn't drink any water, which was stupid, but once i had the water and a tablet after half an hour i felt fine and the shaking and n* feeling stopped and then had a peacefull sleep. Periods really can make you feel very n*, it dosn't always cause v* though, i think its very very rae to v* from a period..apart from my case when it happend, but i won't go into that so i don't scare everyone. The n* could also be hunger if its that gnawing pain, the water is a good idea, but if you feel like eating something, then maybe have some plain toast or a banana. I really hope you feel better.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Hey Ruth,
    Yeah periods can be sheer hell. The stupid pads I use has the wax paper, and on it it says "have a happy period". Riiiiiight. Yeah it makes me happy to feel like a nauseas crabby mess. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

So you v*ed from your period? I believe it. I think the thing that stops a lot of us who get real bad nausea sometimes from it is just sheer willpower to not get sick.

I am definately feeling better, just tired, but now its like after noon, and my body is like "your supposed to be up now!" Geez.

Man I always feel silly when I get feeling better, like man I whined too much or something, but when its happening it can be real frightening as we all know. I Don't ever mean to make a big deal of things, it just gets hard when all rational thoughts go out the window.

Heya

im glad you're feeling better than earlier. Shouldnt feel silly, we alll do it and like you say its hard to be rational when you're worrying.

hope you're feeling completely better soooon

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by ham_crisp
    Heya

im glad you're feeling better than earlier. Shouldnt feel silly, we alll do it and like you say its hard to be rational when you're worrying.

hope you're feeling completely better soooon

xxx
    Thanks ham_crisp, and thanks everyone for helping me through. Lol its like when our "number is drawn" then we are all there for each other, which I think is great. It really does help a lot.

I think I need to just eat and drink some bland stuff.

Awww good your feeling a little better now[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Yeah i think its very rare to v* form a period, but i got that heavy period thing, theres a name for it, and it can cause v*, but your normally get it i think when you fist start having periods. But it was strange, (sorry if this is graphic) i was afraid of v* then, and i ended up doing it about 20 times, it was like all of a sudden i just v* and it was everytime i got a cramp it happend, it lasted about 2 hours, after the cramps had stopped, i feel asleep, woke up and felt fine, like nothing had even happend, went down and got some toast as i was hungry lol. Its good that your trying to have a little something bland to eat[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], keep having the fluids to, have you taken any paracetamol for the pain??

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Hey Ruth,
    Im sorry that happened, ugh that must have been scary!
    The funny thing is that I don't have any cramps at all, it was just real bad nausea.
    It seems like only certain periods do I get this real bad nausea. The last time I was on the verge of getting sick was in March or April when I had it, so its sporatic when I feel this cruddy. I mean generally I have some nausea, but its not to the point of almost v*ing everytime.

I did just sleep like a good 3.5 hours and thats helped too. Heh now I'm hungry again!

My friends sister v* from her period EVERY month!!! YIKES!!!

Lol its ok, i felt better after i had v* and fell asleep and woke up fine lol, it was really random. Its good that your feeling hungry now though[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Everyone's different i guess some people i know have painless periods and then some others have panifull one's. The best things to do are to take some paracetamol as there lighter on the stomach, a hot bath, hot water bottle and rest. Also excersise and yoga stretch's can help.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Yeah periods are weird. Some months are not bad at all, like I won't have hardly any nausea, but the other months it hits me real bad, like the last time it was like this that I can remember was last April, so its only some months, but ugh!

I slept real good last nite didnt wake up once till like 11:30am this morning and I feel like way better thankfully!

Yikes Kellybean, maybe non emets do v* from their periods much easier than us emets do.

Whenever I take Midol, I get really nauseated and it takes all day for it to pass. I have to stay away from it and just suffer. Also, I have a lot of sinus problems you talked about and I notice it gets really bad when I sleep with the window open or fan on me. Pretty soon, you start to realize that feeling bad is a normal bodily function (for me anyway) and you stop getting nauseated as often because you are not afraid. I have been a phobic for 29 years and my son is sick today so I am a basket case. I am sorry you feel so bad. I hope you feel better soon. When you eat and stuff, it will pass. I promise!

Stephanie