Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: strep throat

I have a killer sore throat, never had one like this! UI have been to the chemist and she said it's looks like I have strep throat and should go to the doctor. If I don't feel any better tomorrow I will make an appointment.

My question is I have often seen posts here for strep throat. I just had a look for them but can't find them now. Why are there so many posts? I don't feel n* with this but I don't feel good. I don't have an appetite and I am shattered. Is v* a side effect of strep throat???

VOmitting can be a side effect of strep throat- but is usually more likely in children than adults. When I had it last I felt a bit nauseous, but not to the point where vomitting seemed likely.

Don't worry yourself- yes, vomitting can be a side effect (as it can be for any illness really; everyone's system reacts differently), but it isn't as likely in adults, and let alone an emet. Definitely go in to the doc- strep makes me feel miserable, but after the first day of meds I usually feel so much better.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not usually in adults. I have had strep throat many times and never v*. My son had it and he did. But they say that it is the children who have this symptom. I never even felt v* sick.Hope you feel better.

I had it and I never v* and I was a child.
    you'll be fine Im sure ~hugs~

xxx

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

I had it as a teenager, and never felt n*, just really tired and super sore throat. Going to the doctor is a good idea, as strep needs to be treated.

thanks guys, that makes me feel better!! never had a sore throat like this and will defo be making an appointment at the doc's!!

I get it at least 2 times per year and have never gotten sick from it. I can say that I felt like crap and my stomach sometime felt a bit off...which I know you probably don't want to hear, but I think it is just the infection that makes my system feel crappy.

The sooner you treat it, the better you will feel.
    *Amy*