Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This may sound like a daft question, but if I felt n* and took a travel sickness tablet, would it act like an anti-emetic andstop me from v*ing? I have some left over from my holiday and it would be good to know if I could use them in an emergency.

Yes, and no. Technically, travelsickness tablets are antiemetics, however I find that they, along with most other antiemetics, don't work as well if you are already nausous, because they may not be able to be broken down fast enough to be absorbed by your system. That, and most tablets marketed for motionsickness often have drowsiness as a side-effect, so it makes it really hard if you have things to do, and you feel like a zombie.

In cases where I feel really nausous, I actually find that eating/drinking something with antiemetic properties helps a lot better to reduce nausea, as the effects are evident quicker. Ginger-ale, apple-ginger juice, plain crackers.....I keep these onhand for when I am nauseous, and it usually settles my stomach fairly quickly.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks, Amber. It's something I've always wondered about. I've never taken anti-emetics, but I sometimes need travel sickness tablets for long journeys. (my two sons are better travellers than I am!) The ones I take don't make me drowsy, so I'm tempted to take them when I feel n*. Ginger ale does do the trick when the n* is mild, though. Thanks for replying!

i have always taken original formula dramamine...i take 1 and better in 15-30 min.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

just fyi...i have beaten sv and fp with this!

I'm impressed! Wonder if it's available in the uk?

formula dramamine... what is this? Do you need it to be prescribed to you, or is it from the pharmacy? xXxXxXxXxXx

no,,....it is over the counter....the "less drowsy" kind does not work like the original. I know in Canada they have one called "gravol" it is the same ingredient as dramamine