Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi,

Im new to this forum and just thought id say hi and explain y im here. im only 18 and had always decided that i didn't really havea "phobia" but i ust didnt like sick - which isnt all that strange. evry time i told people i thought i hada phobia it got brushed off so i assumed it was nothing really. Until i was reminded of just how bad it was about 3 nights ago. I was out having a meal with my boyfriend wen he started feeling ill, this always makes me anxious and so i started to feel quite uncomfortable and suggested we went outside for fresh air. next thing i knew he was making this sick noise and looked like he was gonna b sick...i bolted!! walked as fast as i could to the other side of the car park, felt extremly sick and hot and my heart was going ridicuously fast. I hadnt realised i was still so bothered!!! My boyfriend wasnt sick in the end just "gassy!"

I was then unable to kiss him for a day and the thought of eating out with him again is making me feel uncomfortable!! he wasnt even sick! I felt really silly, but he was very supportive and said he hadnt realised it was that bad for me. I would always rather it was me that felt sick than someone else as then im in control os the sick feeling, if its someone else i cant control when its goin to happen or anything.

I think it all stems from when i was about 11. My mum died of lung cancer and she was at home being very ill, i have one distinct memory of her being sick in the living room and asking me to get the kidney dish and hold it, i got it but then wanted to go but my dad made me stay, so i stayed with my back to her listening to her being sick. She was sick many other times quite unpleasant looking usually. She had to have bowls by her bed all the time. Anyway, thats me really.

I dont know if it really is a phobia or isnt that bad :S sorry if im wasting peoples time! Id love to hear wot you have to say

Rosie xxxx

Hellllloooo.

You're not wasting anyone's time!

Welcome to the site. Peoples here are lovely.

xxx. Megan. xxx.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Hey Rosie!

Welcome! Feel free to post anytime.

P.S. I'malmost sixteenand have had emet almost all of my life so I know what it's like to be a young emet. If you need help, just ask!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Hello Rosie! Yes, I'd say you had emet, and what a sad reason. I'm one of the oldies, but you'll soon see that age is irrelevant on the site - it's very friendly and there's always support when you need it. Welcome!

Hi Rosie. Welcome to the site. I can relate to your story. When I was very young my father had cancer and he was at home with us constantly V*, and I rememeber sitting in my room crying with my fingers in my ears. Ever since then Ive been afraid of people V* and V* myself.

I hope you can find soe comfort inthis site
    *Mandi*

Welcome![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

yes you do have a phobia. im only 13 but thats exactly what i have.

if someone even mentiones they have an irritated stomach i feel like running away. and its really horrible at school when your trapped in a classroom.