Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: emet triumph?

I use v* in it's full forms and/or any of it's derivatives so if you're not good with that then this is a warning.

Ok, this is a weird one in which I haven't actually been dealing with people who may v*. How does a plane trip sound?

Well basically we've (me, mother and brother) taken a trip back to London to see my grandmother. Of course from Valencia you have to go on a plane, right?

I'm a plane virgin, I must remind you.

Anyhow, we were all strapped in and ready to go when all of a sudden we wheeled forward a bit, hmm, ok, great. THEN it took off. Oh lordy I was not prepared for that neither the 15 minute ascent. I stupidly looked out of the window as well, which was not a good idea. ._. Breathe, breathe, keep calm, keep calm.

Then the hostess trolley came back and forth a bit once we were level, and I can see the sick bags staring me right in the face with their "THIS DOUBLES UP AS A SICK BAG" staring me right in my face, which made me a little "hmm ._." but oh well. But somehow I managed to eat a hotdog (I didn't feel much n* at all when we were level which was good) so yeah, it could'nt have been that bad.

Then he pushes that trolley out of my sight, that's good. >_>

but nooooo, a pale looking kind next to me has to get up and go with his mother to the toilet. Great. Then a while before we land (say 15 mins or so) someone decides to leave a sick bagnext to them. Luckily I'm listening to music withdecent sound insulation type headphones. Then Ilook a little while later and the sick ba is gone. Hmmmm......not good but nonethelessI can't hear anything so meh.

At the moment I'm posting from an internet cafe so I'll probably come back to this post in about a few days or so when we come back, but nonetheless.....whoa weirdness. So yeah I just went on a plane trip with no anti-emets or ginger or anything, so....uh....w00t for me I guess?

I would say that is a triumph....I can't even get on a plane bc of the fear. Sounds like you handled it very well. The fact that you did not panic when you suspected that someone was sick is a great sign. I would have immediately began to feel sick myself and had to worry about myself and the other person which is SO Draining!

Good for you!
    *Amy*

Oh lordy me, I had to fly back on the 11th right? And the terrorist scare was on the 10th, right? So basically this time round I didn't even have my music which was a little scary but oh well.

Also take off the second time, I didn't feel anything. IT could be because I was applying pressure to the non-nausea points in the arms, but it was weird. My stomach didn't feel a thing the second time round. Weirdness.

And and thank you momof2 ^_^

last time i flew there was someone sitting across the aisle from me (i was on
    the window and then there were two seats next to me and then the aisle)
    who had a sick bag open and ready the whole flight. sure, it was just from
    miami to tampa (which is like 20 minutes) and she didn't actually end up
    getting sick but i'm so proud of myself for not totally freaking out. ok, so i
    had my eyes closed, my fingers in my ears and a blanket over my head while
    we were landing (just in case...) but i didn't jump up and cause a scene and
    try to frantically find another seat.

sorry, xexxhoshi, didn't mean to jump in there and redirect your post, but
    we kinda had a similar experience and we survived!

THATS a HUGE triumph there is no way that i can get on a plane with out one. xanex and two. Dramamine.. there is no way. Yet!

Great job! glad you had a safe trip!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

i've gone on many plane trips my whole life! over 90 and i'm only 13 but anyways, I usually sit next to my parents who don't get airsick but if i have to sit next to somebody i'll panic at first, then i'll just try to fall asleep. the truth is i only remember once somebody getting sick on a plane in all my 90 plane rides and that was a baby and i didn't even see it cause the were behind us so for future reference just remember that! oh and if you get REALLY scared take a blanket or something wrap it around your head block out all sound with music and don't look at ANAYTHING you will soon find plane rides exciting, and fun!
    If you love furuba talk to me!

Well done you! I used to love flying but my emets has become worse recently and now i am really quite scared of the idea. Guess i know i've done it befor and got through it. For me though, i think it's the thought of someone being ill on the plane and i can't escape anywhere. Hopefully this wil get better by the time i fly again. But anyways well done and tell us about the trip back aswell. Def a triump!! Keep it up!!

Katie

I think that is a triumph - you did really well! Not sure that I would have coped so well in such a confined space so good for you!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]