Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ugh!

So, I had some friends over tonight, and they brought their daughter, who is about 1 1/2. About halfway through the evening, they told me that Friday their kid had v* in the car. She just did it once, and was fine the rest of the day. They think it was motionsickness from driving. I am trying to stay calm, and be rational, but it is hard. I also shared a drink with one of her parents before they told me about the incident, which is something I hardly ever do. Figures. And of course the kids were swapping sippy cups all night, despite my best efforts. What does everyone think? Do I have anything to worry about?

Aww-sorry that had to happen to you!!

I think you'll be fine. She probably was just carsick, because if she was really sick, she would have been acting like it, since she's so young. Also, I think the parents woul've been sick by now too.

I understand you're worried,but I think everything willl be fine.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Heya.

I agree, I'm sure you'll be fine. Kids get s* easier and for no reason anyway. And if it was anything contagious like a sv it would either have lasted longer and her parents would have got it.

xxx.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

It probably is carsickness especially since it was once. But even if it wasn't her parents would have been sick by now and since they aren't and since she isn't contagious anymore you're safe. Hang in there ... I hate it when ppl tell you "oh yeah so and so v*" AFTER you've been around them! GRRR! People should have to say w/ their introduction "hi, this is my daughter and she v* the other day ..." lol
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Ha ha! If only... [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

hmm i think you will be ok..

the fact that she only got sick once in the car.. if it were a sv there would be other symptons and it would go on for atleast 24 hrs..

Man i hate it when that happens.. i invite people into my home and then they lay the v* bomb on me.. ack.. drives me crazy i just wanna be like.. get out.. out out.. of my house with your v** germs.. ugh.. i know what you mean..

take care [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Ha ha! "The v* bomb." That's what it feels like, too. I swear my heart stops for a minute when I hear about it. I always tell people if there has been a v* incident with my kids, so they can visit at their own discretion.