Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: First Day =(

Ok sorry if this is long,

Im started a new part time job today, its cleaning now I am freaked out because i cleaned the worst bathroom ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever!!!

No joke!

Right, the shower was a weird orange colour with scum and then bath underneath was black thick with scum, then all the tiles everyone of them all over the bathroom, it was in the middle bots of the tiles, I had to use about 40 scouwering pads! plus cloths.

then the toilet i wont even go into detail..

The bathroom floor was caked with scum and hair the sink was just as bad.

then the bedrooms had damp everywhere that i have to steam clean off first, also, the scirting boards had about 2inches, no joke of hair and muck and dust, the kitchen I didnt clean but omg the absolute mess!!

then the guy i worked with, we went back to his for lunch *I didnt eat* he made sausages and didnt wash his hands, hardly washed the chopping board and put it back, I touched a few things that he touched!

I did have gloves on for 90% of the day but only got to wash them once till I got home.

I am SO SO SO utterly freaked out that I have picked something up

PLEASE help reassure me!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hellloooo.

Sounds nasty. But you sound like you kept yourself well protected.
    think...the people that have the job must do it all the time...and they don't get ill every time they go to a house. And you probably take more precautions than any of them.

Im sure you'll be fine.

xxx.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Hey violet, sorry your feeling bad, try not to worry. My mum used to do a cleaning job, and she never picked up anything. If you had gloves on most of the time and didn't put your hands in your mouth or near your face, then you will be fine. Take care and please don't worry.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

^^Agree with all of the above. Though it's nasty, you won't catch anything.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Sorry in all my freaked outness, I forgot to add, these Very dirty people were doctors[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Im at the moment extremely tired and feeling n*, and dizzy, but cant bring myself to go to bed because I ate a big meal

Sorry you had such a bad experience today. I think you will be fine, but I know how horrible it must have been to clean such a dirty bathroom. I hope you feel better soon.

aww hun ... well done for sticking it through til the end of the day .. coz not everyone would have done that WELL DONE !!