Hi everyone, I am just another person trying to get through my fear of vomiting. I am 18 years old and have been afraid of vomit since I was 8. I am not to sure of what gave me my fear, but what ever it was must have been horrible. Anyways, when I hit about 12 years old I started going outside with my friends again and doing what all little kids do. It was so great this behaviour continued until just last June. In January 2005 I got pregnant, and I had to deliver a sleeping baby girl when I was close to 7 months along. While I was in labour I did not vomit, but did come very VERY close. I think that is what set my fear off to the extreme all over again. It was actually really bad, I thought I was going to vomit every day of my life for 8 months straight, It was horrible and you think someone who felt that sick would just let it out but I just couldn't with the fear of not knowing what to expect. So now lately it is all geting a lot better with time. I am starting to hang out with friends again (not all the time), I am eating more actually I am gaining weight which is great for me because I developed anorexia, I have the urge to munch again, and I can actually go a whole week without having any nausea at all. But then it seems that as soon as my nausea comes back after a week with none, I get so frusterated thinking I let myself down or something, it's like everyday I come up with a new theory that may help me get over my fear and nothing seems to work. My fear does not seem as bad to me as it seems to some people on here, just reading some stories my heart goes out to a lot of people because I thought I had it bad and some people can't even talk about it or see something that someone may vomit in and in some ways I do feel fortunate for that. The weirdest thing is that when I was sick when I was younger, I would always turn to my mom and say "I am not going to get sick am I?" and she would always tell me "no, not if you don't want to" so as I child I asked that question a lot but just last week my mother went away and I became very Ill, and I called her crying because I was panicking and didn't know what to do and than I became very sad to know I am still dependant on my mother for when I am feeling sick. It scares me because I don't want to be 30 years old and every time I don't feel well have to call her crying.Is my fear going to get any better like how it used to be or could this be the new me forever? It seems to me that I am just more stressedout than anything, and as soon as I get stressed I am like ok well I am not going to feel well and thats exactly how it goes. I over analyze every situation which is bound to make anyone sick. how do I stop thinking so much so I can go back to feeling 100% again instead of just half way????