Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: school :(

So, schools starting soon.

Does anybody but me feel trapped and almost.. closterphobic when someone in the classroom starts to get sick?

I dread school cause of this. i want to cry and be a baby and just you know get out of there and walk a mile away.

<3 tell if you do feel this way.

as i stated in my other post.. I was the same way. It was pretty bad in high school too.. I would find any way possible to skip out of class if someone mentioned they were not feeling too hot. Or I would urge them as much as possible to leave and go to the nurse's office.

It also sucked too when I had a panic attack. I would just sit there and shake my legs until it went away.. sometimes I would ask if I could be excused(like go to the bathroom, or even the nurse) just to escape. Classrooms definitely made me feel closed up and helpless sometimes. It even had happened occasionally in college. There, it was more leinient to just walk out, but it still sucked..

I usually just care if I get sick or not. It's not really about other people throwing up, but just me.
    \"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul...\" Psalm 23

I know exactly what you're talking about, g6princess. I get so scared when people say they don't feel well. I just want them to go away. I know that sounds mean but it's true. I am going to college in the fall and I am so scared...my classes are 2 hours long each and I hate being trapped in the classroom, I always look for a way out as soon as i get in the room. I always want to sit close to the door too. ANd at movie theaters, I always want to sit on the end of the row. This is weird to me that other people feel like this too because I have had this my entire life, and nobody else understands.

Quote Originally Posted by g6princess
    sometimes I would ask if I could be excused(like go to the bathroom, or even the nurse) just to escape.

My emet started when I started high school. And I hated school. I used
    to go to the nurse everyday, which when I think about it now is
    probably the worst place to go cos thats where the germs and ill people
    are going to be. I think I realised that when I got put in a room with
    someone who said they felt s*.

I just finished my cumulsory education...and actually chose to carry on. Cos believe it or not I kinda began to like school. You've just gotta stick with it and try not to think about it too much. People are most likely to be sensible and go out if they feel ill anyway.

You'll be fine I'm sure of it, just be brave and concentrate on getting through each day.

xxx.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

I've been dealing with this fear since I was very young..

But now that I am in a work environment with older women, I tend to not worry as much of others being sick. Because adults know when they need to excuse themselves. thank god!

I'm only nervous in school when I sense that there is a reason to be...it's not constand. What i've found is best to do, i'f you're in a highschool which are typically freer in rules, is to go to thebathroom but really just walk around and calm down. Or go to the nurse and actually go somewhere else.

good luck!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I have been this way my whole life too, and I use to feel the same way about the classroom. But, you kinda go through the motions. Just last term, I overheard a lady talking on the phone to her family and said she would be right home because one kid was sick. I needed some water from the snack machine cooler and she had just used it. So, I kept looking at the cooler and finally went and put my money in and pushed the water bottle button with my shirt. I worried I would catch something for about a week, but when nothing happened, I felt free.

I wish there was a magic pill to make it go away. I am especially scared since having found a website talking about the Norwalk sv and how if someone v*s in a room and you are not even near them, you can catch the sv* because of the spores the v* puts out in the air that you eventually breathe being in the same room. I am even scared to be around my kids if they get sick. I might have to invest in a respirator...

Stephanie

usually when this does happen ...

i take deep breathes and go to the bathroom. but most of the teachers in my school have this stupid rule about you cant go to the bathroom so im stuck and with my luck i near to the person who does v*.

im so nervous but i think i'll be okay. it hasnt' happened for the past 3 years.

I would walk around the halls too...but my spanish teacher had this thing where you can only go to the b-room 3 times a term. I never went during class just in case I had to use one of those passes for an emergency when I had a panic attack. I don't think it's fair how they do the limit the bathroom thing...just because other people abuse it.

I am starting college this fall and I am super nervous--but it's ridiculous because I feel like a kid because I am scared all the time. I hate it.