Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey,

I suffer from emetophobia, and it is severe at sometimes. One night, before I knew emetophobia even existed, I was feeling REALLY bad. I hadnt prayed since my days in grade school. I picked up my rosary and prayed. Soon enough, I felt brand new. Now this doesnt work all the time, since I think the good Lord wants me to overcome my fear by myself, because Jesus helps those who help themselves. But due to that I am now a firm believer in God and our Lord Jesus Christ. I really hope that with their help, I can overcome this which is consuming my life. Does anyone else have any similar experiences?

\"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul...\" Psalm 23

I certainly do. Let me tell you---I don't actively go to church, because I believe that my faith is within me, and should bemy ownprivate relationship, (Just my opinion and preference, please don't attack me anyone), and without God behind me and guiding me every syep of the way, I honestly don't think I could be in the sane frame of mind that I am in most of the time. It's very comforting to me, knowing that I have Him to understand and be there for me.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yeah I find God does help some, I mean it still sucks totally when I get horribly nauseas, but I think it is some comfort to know He is there and knows how I feel.

yes i have found that if i pray and pray over and over again.. that it does work.. not always but some of the time.. it is comforting.
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Yeah I say about a billion times "please God don't let me be sick!" Its like the emet's prayer.

Yeah i used to pray aswell, i would like sit and rock backwards and forwards praying. My mum sits with me to and prays for me.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I pray all the time for God to help me w/ my fear. He truly is the best doctor. If i pray when i'm anxious, i always finds that it calms me down because God is always there for us. I'm glad you posted this, it has uplifted me!
    ~Mandi~

I don't really follow the traditional idea of God as a big old guy in the sky, but I think there are forces of good and forces of evil and sometimes evil wins.

So although I don't go in so much for praying, I like the idea of Karma. So if what goes around comes around, then my being a good person will mean that less bad stuff comes my way and less scary emet related stuff.

I just read it back and I sound like a loon but it works for me.

Oooh wow 1000th post! And it was me contemplating life, God, the universe and emet. Of course... lol

the power of prayer works for me!

and for those who are belivers that do not attend church.....it is your Faith that keeps you going....not always a church

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have been meaning to post about faith and how everyone keeps faith when this fear is at its worst. I believe in God and go to church (Catholic) but it's my faith and trust that always wavers. That saying, Let GO and Let GOD, is really hard for me to do. I want to but find I hold onto my life with a tight fist, lots of stress!!! What do all of you do with faith and trust??? Thanks....</font>

It's natural to want to hold on to everything yourself, but when it comes to trusting God, you really just have to let go......just say, "there it is, take it, i'm not going to worry about it anymore." It's very hard to do, it's something i also struggle with everyday.
    ~Mandi~

Hmmm-

For me, I really have no faith or belief in a higher power. I prefer to have faith in myself, and my abilities to change what I am not satisfied with in my life. When I am really stressed, or having a rough go at something, instead of praying I prefer to assess the situation- what is the worst possible thing that can happen, and how I would deal with that. Generally, the worst possibleoutcome never or rarely happens, and I can usually talk myself throughthe crisis.

What can I say- I am just not a spiritual person. It's just not the road for me.

*amber*

Interesting topic. I was not brought up any religion, but I have always felt that there is *something* more out there. And that something cares. I have studied many religions, and have not found one yet that I feel totally comfortable with yet. I hope to, someday.
    Hannah, you don't sound like a loon, I believe in Karma, as well. I think most religions teach that what goes around comes around, in one way or another.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]