Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

ok. so I've just been talking to my friend about my emet. Telling her how I don't want to be here when I'm 'grown up' still with emet. Maybe here helping but deff not still having emet myself.

And she was saying things...as if not having emet is so simple. Telling me that really...its not that bad if it does happen. which I actually agree with its the not knowing.

And some of what she said made sense. I'm terrified of getting ill in front of other people. But if I am ill...its going to be in front of people I don't know and will never see again. Or my friends. And like she told me, not only will no one remember, its a natural thing to do and no one will think any less of me.

Although its not that simple when it comes to things I'm going to start thinking positively, cos negativity isn't going to get me anywhere. I'm just going to think...it wont last forever, theres worse things happening (my friends mum passing away made me feel guilty for being alive and moaning about such trivial things...I did at one point wish it was me that had gone so my friend still had his mum).

So anyway, my friends are staying thursday night and friday night Im having a party with loadsa people staying the night and drinking. So Im gonna use then as a start. I'm going to not have my bin empty by my side. And Im not going to sleep closest to the door. Cos my friends will be there to look after me and like my friend said, its not that I can't sleep without having all my little ways...I think I can't.

Sorry for rambling. Typing just helps make me feel more positive and hopeful and also wanting to make other people think they can do it. Cos we all can.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Because of my post...Ive been thinking, and no offence to all you fabberooney people on here, Im going to stay away from the site. Cos I often find myself reading things and picking up new habits and feeling worse seeing people still going through it and not getting anywhere.

So after tonight I shall be gonned. [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

I understand where you are coming from. I wish you the best of luck!! Remember, we are always here if you need support![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]