Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: EMDR?

I am interested in hearing any success stories from those of you who have tried EMDR. I recently started and would be ecstatic if if even lessened some of my anxiety.

Have you had any luck with this?
    *Amy*

Can't tell you about whether I had any success cos I don't know what it is. But am intrigued. What is it?

xxx.
    <font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

It has to do with focusing on a traumatic experience while a therapsit moves his hand and you are to track it. It is supposedly able to change the chemistry of the brain and research suggests that it is very effective in PTSD. I think there is a link about it in the treatments area.
    *Amy*

I had good success with EMDR. It was an important part of my overall treatment.

At the top of this Treatments Section is a sticky post with info and a link.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the past month and a half I am having great success with EMDR. It is amazing! My traumatic experience is coming out, I will share with you all about what happened to me 31 years ago I still havemore work to do.

I dont have anything to tell you.. yet.. i will be starting EMDR in about a month or two. I hope it works some what.. keeping my fingers crossed also going on meds today.. wohoo.. i dont know if i am actually excited about that.. heh.

good luck

\"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain