Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: The pill.

Hey, just wondered if anyone can help me with this.

My doctor put me on a new type of the pill, microgynon 30. This is my 2nd day of taking it and I am feeling really queasy. I read the side affects and it said that nausea and being sick are possible side affects of taking it.

Now I am feeling really panicky as well because I know I have to keep taking it and I know I am probably going to feel even sicker the more I take. Just wondered if anyone has had this problem?

I have had nausea with the pill. It usually goes away within the first 3 months. It more than likely won't make you v*.

It also probably won't make you worse as you go along. The symptoms should improve.Edited by: sweetfreak
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

hey Kirsten, im sorry i cant help you with the problem, buit i just want to say welcome to our family i noticed u are new and just wanna make u feel welcome so u feel u can come back and talk to us more!!

Jen xxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am on Alesse and I experienced a bit of nausea. You could talk to your doctor and tell her/him that you want a low dose (less likely to make you sick!)

It may take a few birthcontrols to find the right one!

It took me a couple of tries to get the right one. Some will make you a bit queasy but it tends to do away after a while. It isn't likely to make you v****

I am on Alesse now and it is great. It is a low dose and I had only a TINY amount of queasyness when I started but then again I am thinking that it is because I knew that it might and it was in my mind.

Be strong and try a few different ones.Make sure to tell the doctor that it was making you quesy but give it a few days because it will often just go away.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Hey, Im on that one, n I had absolutely no probs with it. Not meanin to be patronising, but is there ne chance youre feelin sick because you think the pill will make you feel sick? I do that a lot with ne kinda medication [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Umm.. the thing with the pill is, they rather tend to list every side effect ever experienced by anyone whose taken it, ever. So ne pill ya take is likely to have nausea/ vomitting as a side effect. Are ya takin it at roughly the same time each day? Cuz that cud make ya feel a lil ill if ya arent. If I were you Id give it a chance- say a week at least, n if ya dont feel ne better just come off it. 2 days is barely enough time for it to work into ya system even.

yup The chances could be less than 1% but they are legally bound to list it as a possible side effect. The thing is that placebos will more likely cause just as many problems.

Give your med a chance let your system get use to it and see how it goes hun. Hope it all works
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Melikasa, you are on Alesse as well?

I noticed a tiny bit or nausea as well! Just at the beginning, I've been on it for 5 months now.

Yes I am I have been on it now for about 5 years.

Thanks guys! The last few days have been much better, I think possibly it was just me being a panicky emet that made me think I was feeling sick!

By the way, Melikasa I love that quote in your signature!

Kirstin.

Glad it's going away! I started on Nortrel a couple months ago, and I took with juice and toast in the morning which really helped.

I tried at least 5 different types of pills, and then finally went with the patch (Ortho-Evra here in the US). The patch didn't bother my stomach at all, while all the pills did.

This could be, however, because eating something is a lot more anxiety-inducing, at least much more than using something that is absorbed through my skin. Still, I recommend it to everyone! It's fantastic.

~Love,
    Rebeccah
    Love is the only rational act.

We don't have it up here in Canada. You don't have to eat with the pill though at least none of the ones I have ever taken. The nausea is actually caused by the sudden fluctuation of hormones like the ones some people get when they are pregnant.

Im taking microgynon 30 atm and im fine with it. however when its time for my period i feeel really sick and that and sometimes my stomach gets a bit funny and i hate it. But i was on this other pill and i felt ill for like a month and it swapped but there are loads of pills you can try so just go back and say youre getting nausia with them x

just wanna say WELCOME!!!!! im srryu feel sick i have never taken birthcontrol pills so i dunno but ji
    Omnia vincit amor. -- \"Love conquers all.\"

I had the same problem with my pill...feeling queasy which made me even more panicky than usual. I asked my doctor about it and she said that it's normal to feel a little pain in the stomach the first couple days of each month because of the hormones changing your system. But I have never known anyone who actually v*ed from it. So don't worry...I got myself all into a panic over it and I never got sick, so you'll be fine! However, if it makes you feel really bad you might want to switch. I had to switch pills 4 times before I found the right one...try Jasmine...it's expensive but it's very subtle. Or as other people suggested, the patch might work better. Good luck and try not to worry!

-Kira

i cant take the Pill cuz it makes me to nauseated to function at skool .... tho im more frightened by others V****ing. like now .... i think someone jus did ...... bye

i must go panic now

RaVeN

If the symptoms stay or get worse than just tell your doctor that you are concerned about it. Your body is probably just adjusting to the pill, I'm sure you'll be fine, eat crackers with your pill, that might help you. It did for me.
    We\'ll beat this!