Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

The antibiotics just took a while to hit my stomach, I guess, because after two doses I know have bad stomach cramps and d*. I put a call in to the doctor and of course, she's out of the office today. I left a message with one of the other nurses, but haven't heard back. I am NOT taking anymore of that awful stuff!

Did you take them with or without food? I am sorry your stomach hurts....mine always does with the antibiotics...i hate them too, and half the time i refuse to take them anyway...unless absolutely necessary...i hope you feel better soon though.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

yea antibiotics can do a number on your stomach. Did you eat anything when you took them? If its on an empty stomach it can make it much worse.

Have you tried eating some yogurt with active cultures, or an acidophilus supplement? There is a really good one I use, called Continental. It is in a liquid form. I get it in the natural foods section of the grocery store, in the refrigerated section. Those really help keep the balance in your system. I hope you feel better soon.

Again, I really strongly suggest the yogurt 20 minutes before the medication. It has been a lifesaver for me and my children who have trouble with antibiotics.

Sounds like you truly need the medication.

*Amy*

I did eat and had a yogurt both times I took the medicine. I guess this stuff was just too strong. I've never had a problem with antibiotics before. I'm so hungry but as soon as I try eating, my intestines start cramping again. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow. The good news is the nurse called back and I don't have any infections so I don't need to take anything. So, I guess all that suffering was for nothing!