Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Does anyone here know how to wash a cashmere sweater without ruining it? I dont have the time nor money to spend on dry cleaning, and Iwould really like to launder this sweater that is cashmere!

Will it be ruined if Ijust pop it in the washing machine and dryer? Does anyone know what would happen to it? Would it get ruined? Thanks guys!
    *Mandi*

<a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Do not- I repeat- Do NOT put cashmere in the washer and dryer. Even if you just put it in the washer and let it hang dry- it can easily lose it's shape, not to mention get a lot of pills on it. I put one of my cashmere sweaters on a gentle wash, and now it is pretty sorry looking. It's not at all soft anymore, and doesn't hang properly. Ugh- what a waste!

I also tried handwashing, but it really is hit or miss. Right now, I do think it is worth paying the extra cash to get it dry cleaned, as it is less money than buying a replacement sweater if you ruin this one. It can be an inconvenience, but it is less than 10$, and you don't have to pay the guessing game.

I wouldn't risk it- but then again, it isn't my sweater!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hmm.I guess I wont wash it myself then! I still dont want to take it anywhere. Has anyone ever tried those dry cleaner bags you put clothes in and then pop it in the dryer? I forget what they are called. Maybe Ill buy one of those.
    *Mandi*