Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi Everyone~~

I was just listening to a bunch of songs I like, that make me feel certain ways, and I would LOVE to hear your fave's for different moods and memories[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]:

I'll start~~~

Memories of Mom: "ANGEL" (Sarah McLaughlin)

Inspirational: "I BELIEVE" (Fantasia Barrino)--OMG, in the end when the chorus starts singing, I get major goose bumps!!!!

Fave All Time: Classic 70's rock and Motown

Dance To: "COLD" (Annie Lennox), "YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR HAT ON" (Tom Jones), "TROUBLE" (Pink)....more

Memories of being a kid: "ABC" (Jackson 5), "SHAMBALA" (Three Dog Night), "I LOVE ROCK & ROLL" (Joan Jett)--yes, I'm old

Mine and Hubby's Song: "UNCHAINED MELODY" (Righteous Brothers)

~*~Charlene~*~

Memories of childhood: anything by the Cars, Bruce Springsteen and John Mellencamp (my mom's favorites when I was little.)

Memories of high school: Nirvana songs, Green Day (old stuff), Everclear, Pearl Jam (went tohsduring the heart of the"grunge"period.

Memories of ex-boyfriend from college: disco stuff and oldies (he had weirdtastes)

Make me think of Dad: classic rock from the 70s

Make me think of Mom: Neil Diamond and Rod Stewart

Make me think of my sister: Dave Matthews Band and Barenaked Ladies

Makes me think of hubby: country love songs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The song that has everything I want to tell my bio father is:"Confessions Of A Broken Heart" by Lindsay Lohan.

Instirational songs are: "Invisible" by Ashlee Simpson, and "Hangin' On" by Cheyenne Kimball.

Song to dance to are: "Promiscuous" by Nelly Furtado, "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" by Jessica Simpson, "Sexyback" by Justin Timberlake, "Ain't No Other Man" by Christina Aguilera, theres a lot more.

Songs that are fun to sing are: "Hollywood" by Madonna, "My Doorbell" by The White Stripes, and many more.

Theres more I just can think of them right know. Good idea mom[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img].Edited by: brittaniray
    Live Each Day as if It\'s Your Last
    ~BRITTANI~

Oh Yeah!!! How could I forget:

The song "BEAUTIFUL" by Christina Aguilera is great! I can relate, do to the fact that I've suffered alot of emotional abuse. WONDERFUL song!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

well I am a music freak so there are billions of songs I love, but one of my all time faves is Don't Stop Believing by Journey. I swear, every drunk party I end up at, we always end up blaring that song on the strereo, standing in a circle and singing it at the top of our lungs. Everyone seems to have a Journey CD no matter how old or young they are or what kind of music they like!!!
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Memories of being a little girl: John Denver, Fleetwood Mac, Abba,Roberta Delgado and all early 80's music

Memories of my Mom: Music Box Dancer, Tom Jones, Neil Diamond, John denver

Memories of my Dad - Kaiser Waltz, Blue Danube Waltz, La Paloma Blanca, Trompeten Echo (all German music. I learned to dance from my Dad. He taught the youth dance group at my German club for 37 years. We have been known to clear the dance floor just so people can watch us)

Memories for my whole life: German polkas and waltzes (My heritage. I danced in a German dance group from 18 months old to 26 years old)

Memories of my wedding: Pachabel's Canon in D, Air on a G String (J.S. Bach), Annie's Song (John Denver), Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (J.S. Bach)- all from the ceremony, we had a string quartet and a guitar player

Memories of my husband: From this Moment (Shania Twain), I Could Not Ask For More (Edwin McCain)

Memories of being together with good friends: Wonderwall (Oasis)

Silliest and funniest memories with my cousins: Shiny Disco Balls, Holiday Road (theme to Vacation Movies)

Memories of a hot summer day, driving with the windows down and the wind in my hair: Naveed (Our Lady Peace)

I could go on forever, I love music and am very touched by it. I associate songs with millions of memories!

happyteacher

Memories of being a little girl:Cyndi Lauper (the first official tape I have ever owned), Madonna when she actually cool, and Guns and Roses. My greatest ambition at age10 or 11 was to grow up and marry Slash. I wanted him to serenade me at our wedding like in the November Rain video, lol

Memories of my Mom: Diana Ross and the Supremes. She was so obsessed with Diana Ross that as a kid, with hair down to her butt,she asked my aunt (now a hairdresser) to give her a hairdo just like hers. After it was straightened and back-combed, they needed to bring her to a real hairdresser to get it fixed- ie, cut off.

Memories of my Dad - Anything by Zeppelin. Led Zeppelin II is indeed one of the greatest albums ever- we would listen to it on the 8-track in his old car, lol.

What makes me think of my (future) wedding: David Gray's "This Year's Love" (which is going to be our first dance), "What a Wonderful World" (which is going to be my dance with my father), and Jamiroquai's "Canned Heat". Don't ask, but there may be the possibility of a choreographed dance number by a bunch of men in kilts.

Memories of my boyfriend: Barenaked Ladies songs. Not the stuff that became popular in the US, but the older stuff. Enid, This is Me in Grade 9, and the like.

Memories of being together with good friends: Six Mix a Lot's "Baby got Back" and "Blister in the Sun" by the Violent Femmes. If you don't know the words to these songs, it is practically sacrilege.

SOngs I can't help but dance to: "Time Warp"from the Rocky Horror Picture Show, "Thriller" by Michael Jackson (back in tha day when he was still black and male), "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas. And pretty much all 80's music- I try to hit 80's night at this massive bar here in Ottawa at least once a month.

Songs that just make me happy in general: Anything by Fleetwood Mac. They are my guilty musical pleasure- when I was 20 I even travelled from Northern Ontario to Philadelphia to see Stevie Nicks in concert.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Memories of Mom: anything by Sting, "Crazy" by Patsy Cline, "Downtown" by Petula Clark (she said it to her first grade class lol, the story always makes me laugh)

Memories of Dad: anything Elvis!!!! any fifties music really

Memories of my Sister: "Quit Playing Games" by the Backstreet Boys, the entire Blink 182 "Enema of the State Album", "Tell Him" by Celine Dion and Barbara Streisand (when we were little I told her I wrote the lyrics to that song and she believed me)

Memories of my ex-boyfriend: "Yellow" by Coldplay, "Fix You" by Coldplay, "Amie" by Damien Rice, "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters

Memories of my friends: "Wonderwall" by Oasis, "Ape Dos Mil" by Glassjaw, "All Shook Up" by Elvis, "Hey Jealousy" by Gin Blossoms, "Work it Out" by Beyonce, "Cry Me a River" by Justin Timberlake, "I Should Have Cheated" by Keyshia Cole, "Freebird" by Lynyrd Skynrd, anything Michael Jackson

Songs that remind me of college: "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas, "Gold Digger" by Kanye West, "Run It" by Chris Brown, "Such Great Heights" by the Postal Service, "Wheel" by John Mayer

Songs that I just love for no reason: "Boyfriend" by Ashlee Simpson, "Criminal" by Fionna Apple, "Field Below" by Regina Spektor, the entire Garden State soundtrack, anything Coldplay and anything Kelly Clarkson!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Music means everything to me. I could not get through one day in my life without music.

When I hear anything by Bad Religion, I feel empowered and strong. They have been my favorite band since I was 14 and I am now 29. They run deep with me.

The Beatles always seem like a good choice, their music makes me feel happy and sometimes nostalgic.

Imagine by John Lennon gives me goosebumps. I wish the world could be exactly that way. I get the same feeling when I listen to Sorrow By Bad Religion. "When all soldiers lay their weapons down or when all kings and all queens relinquish their crowns, or when the only true messiah rescues us from ourselves. It's easy to imagine, there will be sorrow, yeah there will be sorrow and there will be sorrow no more". Goosebumps.

Time of the Season by the Zombies reminds me of my mom sooo much. She loved that song when I was growing up. I remember she would just take me for drives and turn on the music really high. She would sing to that song. It was just her momentary escape, I guess.

Any Hendrix, Zeppelin or Peter Frampton reminds me of my dad. He used to quiz us on the top 5 guitar players. I forget who they are, but Frampton, Page and Hendrix are the top 3 in his book. lol! Dust in the Wind also makes me think of my dad. We are supposed to play Dust in the Wind and Stairway to Heaven at his funeral, or while we scatter his ashes in one of the rivers he kayaks.

Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Hole, NIN, White Zombie ... These remind me of being a teenager- I thought I was hard core s*** in those days. Geez.

Social Distortion reminds me of my ex husband.. our marriage, our divorce.

Fugazi and Pigface makes me think of my sister when I was like 14 and she was 20 and we still had to share a bedroom. Damn, sucks to be her.

When I hear anything by the Grateful Dead, I think of my brother- who I hate. He's a drunken asshole.

\"This too shall pass\"

Memories of being a young girl:Abba songs - I was a massive Abba fan in the seventies and early eighties! For some reason Elvis Costello's 'Oliver's Army' takes me right back too!

Memories of my Mum:There are a fewsongs that really stir up big emotions for me as they remind me of my mumand she died when I was eighteen. One isJohnny Mathis 'When a child is born' and one of the others is The Monkey's 'Cheer up sleepy Jean' as her name was Jean and it always did make me think of Mum.

Memories of my Dad: He was always playing rock music in the seventies - Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Cream... then the late seventies/eighties he became a big fan of AC/DC so that's what he would blast out of the stereo!

Makes me think of my fiance: Any blues music, Led Zeppelin especially 'Since I've been loving you', Fleetwood Mac (early Peter Green days) especially 'Man of the world'

Songs I can't help but dance to: Loads, but two songs I just find it impossible to sit still to are Kings of Leon 'Red Morning Light'and Shakira 'Objection (Tango)',

Songs that just make me happy in general: Muse 'Plug in Baby' infact most Muse songs, Jimmy Cliff 'I can see clearly now', Queen 'Don't stop me now' and 'Bohemian Rhapsody', The Beatles 'Here comes the sun', Metallica 'I disappear', Razorlight 'Golden Touch', Radiohead 'Just', Queens of the Stone Age 'No one knows', Space 'Female of the species', Supergrass 'Alright', Elvis Costello 'Pump it up', Travis 'Sing', Blur 'Song 2'....

Songs I listen to when I'm sad: No Doubt 'Don't speak', Robbie Williams 'Feel', Elton John 'Goodbye yellow brick road', The Beatles 'Something', John Lennon 'Woman', Kate Bush 'Moving'...
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Memories of friends: Cher, just about anything by Cher because me and a good friend of mine, that's like all we ever listened to, Cher and Billy Joel.

Ex-Girlfriends: Richard Marx...one of my Ex's got me hooked on Richard Marx and now whenever I hear him (Which is a lot) I think of her. Also there is this one Evanescence song called "Everybody's Fool" and that reminds me of Mare cause it's about putting on a show for everyone and being a totally fake person when you get to know them.

My Dad: Pink Floyd, especially the album The Wall, I think it's his favorite. Also the Moody Blues and The Cars.

My Mom: Josh Grobin, my mom absolutely LOVES him which is weird because before she discovered him I don't think she really cared that much for music.

My Sister Laura: Cher too...cause she loves Cher as much as I do. Evanescence reminds me of her only because she hates them with a passion LoL!

My sister Liz: Oysterhead, especially the one song I think it's called, "Mr. Oysterhead" oh and also when I hear the theme to South Park cause it's done by a guy from the Oysterhead Band.

That's about it

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

this is a cute thread.

memories of my dad : pink floyd, metallica, anything loud enough to make our entire house shake. He's just about the coolest dad I know.

memories of highschool : faith of the heart by rod stewart. they played this at our grand march and I just remember feeling so proud and happy. also, "ain't no fun" by snoop dog.I was young and stupid and would play this over and over while driving around town with my friends.

songs I'd like at my future wedding : I have no idea. I love that shania twain " from this moment" and "buttefly kisses" by Im not sure who.

my favorites: " sin wagon" by the dixie chicks, "miss independant" and "behind these hazel eyes"by kelly clarkson, and sappy country songs like "thunder rolls" by garth brooks.

memories of childhood: "straight up" by paula abdul, "dreamlover" by mariah carey, " I think we're alone now" by tiffany. anything 80's!

cali girl - have you ever heard the version of unchained melody by leann rimes? it literally sends chills through my spine. you should download it if you have time, its from her early years CD.

amber - Im jealous. I love 80s music. we need an 80s bar here in N.S.!

Edited by: Babydoll
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

80s music is my all-time favorite! I love everything from Madonna to Guns n Roses to Air Supply! Lol! And yes, mjewell, I have a Journey CD! I have one of their greatest hits albums that I "borrowed" permanently from my mom. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I love listening to it on a road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll

cali girl - have you ever heard the version of unchained melody by leann rimes? it literally sends chills through my spine. you should download it if you have time, its from her early years CD.

I have!!!!! It's great!!!!!! Also, her version of "Amazing Grace" is beautiful!!!!

Here's a link to her live Acapella version. OMG--I had chills through the whole song. It is absolutely beautiful! Please listen.......

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IFG73fCGuIA

Great answers everyone---I've enjoyed reading them!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~