Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are some crazy things people do that make no sense to you?

I don't understand people who:

walk into traffic without looking both ways (Hello! Didn't your momma teach you that when you were 2?)

won't let their kids drink soda, but give them chocolate milk and sugary cereal. Duh!

drive 10 mph under the speed limit

those who are pro-choice but anti-death penalty. (sorry, had to thrown that one in!) [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

people who go on roller coasters right after eating (ahhh!)

people who don't wash their hands after going potty

Anyone else just not "get" people sometimes?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

People Who:
    <UL>
    <LI>Ask me if I can "MultiTask"--Um, no, I can only do ONE thing at once----DUH!!!!</LI>
    <LI>Have to drive 20 MPH while talking on their cell phones!</LI>
    <LI>Cut ME off on the road, then flip ME off!</LI>
    <LI>Say "We should get together more often"....then never call again.</LI>
    <LI>Do mean things to animals--they should have the same done to them!</LI>
    <LI>Think they are soooo cool when they drive their ugly cars while blaring their crap music with blown speakers, seat reclined so far back they can barely fit their wrist over the top of the steering wheel!</LI>
    <LI>I'm sure there's more.......</LI>[/list]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

HDogg I pmed you about something.

Lol, HDogg, I'm pro-choice and anti-death penalty, except for extreme circumstances. Sorry!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I am, too, but I don't mind people "not getting" me! There are lots of things people do that I don't get either...like voting for Bush...but, I won't get into that here. ;-)

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

hehe, with you there Harmony, and I don't even live in america

Quote Originally Posted by harmonygirl72

I am, too, but I don't mind people "not getting" me! There are lots of things people do that I don't get either...like voting for Bush...but, I won't get into that here. ;-)

Mary

LOL- Mary, couldn't agree more. But that is a topic to be hashed out over PM's or perhaps in the chatroom or via MSN....not the board. Hehe, we all know what happens.

I don't understand people who:
    <UL>
    <LI>claim to be "christian" but prefer vengeance over forgiveness
    <LI>wear tapered pants. not the "fashionable" kind, I'm talking pleats with the possibility of front-bum.pleated pants are NEVER a good idea.
    <LI>talk loudely about their private lives, but then get pissed off if you appear to be listening
    <LI>complain about something but make no move to change what they are complaining about
    <LI>have feathered, fluffy bangs, often accompagnied by a perm. why, for the love of god why?
    <LI>say they don't like a certain food, but won't even try it
    <LI>are obsessed with celebrities, and what they do, wear, eat, and drive. Who cares?</LI>[/list]

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am pro choice and anti death penalty!!

I have great compassion for people on death row, especially the people that I write to.

Edited by: violet

I guess you could always flip it around to people who are pro-life and pro-death penalty too. Also something I don't get. But no debates starting. Just saying "I don't get it." [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] There are lots of political things I don't get, but as I have learned from a previous locked topic, here is not the place to debate that. Anyway, back to original topic...

I totally agree about the person who cuts you off and then flicks you off! Duh! And what about the ones who cut you off, pass you, then drive slower than you were originally?! Duhhhhh.

I also don't "get" people who think it's all right to have loud parties, drink, and set off fireworks, or jump in the pool at 2 in the morning. (had to call the cops a couple of times on these dumb kids)

And the most important, life-changing thing I don't get: ***drumroll please***

Why do people order a huge cheeseburger with extra mayo, large french fries, and then order aDIET soda??????? [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I do not get the diet soda thing either!!! If your weight is so important to you then dont get the cheeseburger and fries. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I also do not get people who change their opinion if you disagree. the whole point is that it is your opinion! I have a lot of those at my school, and it's annoying because you never have anything to talk about.

&lt;3 Anya--

&lt;&lt;Ialso don't "get" people who think it's all right to have loud parties, drink, and set off fireworks, or jump in the pool at 2 in the morning. (had to call the cops a couple of times on these dumb kids)&gt;&gt;

Hahaha- this sounds like an ideal friday night to me. Actually, it sounds like how we spent Victoria Day last year!

But we're grownups, not "dumb kids", lol.

*amber*

i dont understand WHY everywhere i drive there are alwayssssss atleast 20 people on the road on their cell phones. it's illegal here! my aunt got a $300 ticket for it. they are too into their conversations to realize they are driving like 10 mph and veering into other lanes. i understand sometimes it's an emergency, but what did we do before cell phones?! how did we ever survive? ugh, pisses me off so much

i don't understand the diet coke thing either! but i've done it a couple times! just because i hate regular soda it's too sweet for me. but it still makes me laugh

did anybody ever notice when you're driving, and let's say you stop at a stop sign or something and you wave a pedestrian on to cross? and they do this like, almost a jog but not really thing? where they walk at a normal pace but move their arms as if their running to get across the street so you can go? i will neverrrr understand that! you aren't going any faster than you would normally walk, so why the silly arm motions?

and i don't understand guys who pop their collars on their polo shirts and wear pink and suddenly think they are so tough. ugh. AND i don't understand wearing socks and sandals! one of my very good friends wears flip flops with socks. she has to shove the sock between her toes to get the sandals to stay on. what's the point?!!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

&lt;&lt;&lt;i don't understand wearing socks and sandals! one of my very good friends wears flip flops with socks. she has to shove the sock between her toes to get the sandals to stay on. what's the point?!!&gt;&gt;&gt;

That literally made me throw up in my mouth a little.

*amber*

Quote Originally Posted by blondie90

did anybody ever notice when you're driving, and let's say you stop at a stop sign or something and you wave a pedestrian on to cross? and they do this like, almost a jog but not really thing? where they walk at a normal pace but move their arms as if their running to get across the street so you can go? i will neverrrr understand that! you aren't going any faster than you would normally walk, so why the silly arm motions?

LMAO !!!!

OR......the walk across, then suddenly "jog" for about 4 steps, then walk again. Or, they look at the ground the whole time, as if thinking to themselves, "Oh gosh, people are watching me, how embarassing......."Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Wasn't the pink polo with the collar popped up and socks with sandals a Miami Vice trend from the 80s??? Did that "style" (or lack thereof) just come back???[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] God help us!

Yep, its back Heather, along with leggings, tapered jeans, and acid wash. Be afraid, be very afraid. The stirrup pant and shoulder pad may be next. God help us all.

*amber*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 80s style was horrendous! Listen teenagers: there is nothing classy about stirrup pants, teased permed hair that stretches 6 inches above your head, puffy neon-colored sweatshirts over tapered jeans with the cuffs rolled up. Please do yourself a favor and run far away as fast as you can! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Dont worry, HDogg, hopefully those things will NEVER come back into style!!! I'm a teen, and will not succumb to the pressure. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

&lt;3 Anya--

Oh, this one is fun... I hope it stays that way..

I don't get....
    </span>
    People getting mad when their dr. will not prescribe them antibiotics for a cold or the flu.

Why our country continues to eat the way we do. Why we are not collectively concerned with pesticides, hormones and preservatives. Especially when people are so boggled about where the cancer is coming from. HELLO??? It's especially heinous when people are pushing this way of living and eating off onto their children who have no choice. ie.. Moms who consider fruit snacks a good serving of fruit for the day. (it's okay... my mom thought ketchup was a good source of vegetables for us... geez)

People letting their lil ones chew and suck on grocery cart handles.

Women who can't afford to go to the dr., but always have perfectly colored hair and new nails on their fingers. (my mom)

When people walk in my store and apologize to the person on the other end of their cell phone because they have to take time out of thier conversation to let the sales person wait on them.

People who claim to be Christian, and think that homosexuality is a sin and a choice.

People who hunt animals and then take photographs of their dead carcasses. (are these perhaps placed into an album and then put on someone's coffee table or what?)

Soldiers who take photographs of dead Iraqi citizens who then send the film home for 'Mom and Dad' to have processed. As if they want to see that s***. As if anyone does? Again... Who's photo album is sick enough to put these on display?
    (are you getting a glimpse of how I spend my days at work? people take strange photographs)

Oh... People who photograph vomit definitely confuses me. I also see this more than I need to.

People who are Pro Life and Pro War. This is way more hypocritical than the above mentioned. (can we say George W?)

People who think your opinion is useless if it doesn't agree with thiers.

People who enjoy being victims.

Women who stay in abusive relationships, especially if they have kids. (i was one of those... eww..)

Women who smoke when they are pregnant and say 'My mom did with me and I am fine'.

People who have children (sometimes countless children) just so they can ignore them and leave them to clean up the house and take care of one another.

People who know that one successful person who didn't go to college so now they believe that college will get you nowhere in life.

I am confused mostly by people who vote for George Bush..

Edited by: shiva
    \"This too shall pass\"

HDogg,
    The soda vs chocolate milk and sugary cereal thing.. Although I only let my child have sugar in moderation anyway, so it really doesn't apply to me... A pediatrician would probably say that at least with chocolate milk and sugary cereal the child is getting milk, which most conventional medical practitioners believe is like the fountain of health especially among children. In comparrison with soda which is just pure sugar with no nutrients what so ever.

Trust me, I've wondered about these things before too and this is the conclusion I've come up with.

\"This too shall pass\"

Quote Originally Posted by spilled_milk

Dont worry, HDogg, hopefully those things will NEVER come back into style!!! I'm a teen, and will not succumb to the pressure. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

&lt;3 Anya--

lol ditto

-hayley
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

I also don't get it when people get s*** faced and vomit. I hate that. I don't understand drinking one's self into a stupor.
    \"This too shall pass\"

hehe cute topic!

I don't get:

people (walking) in parking lots when they see you are getting ready to pull into a space walk right the space ... SLOWLY

or when you give some one the "go ahead" in a parking lot and they take their sweet time RUDE

people who lie, continuously, get caught and lie again

people who lie "to spare" someone's feelings. (i dont' mean like "your hair looks great!' when it doesn't)

why people can be soooo dumb that we have to mark coffee cups to say "CONTENTS HOT" well yeah DUH you didn't order ice coffee did ya? as well as the other warning labels there for the morons in the world. moreso I don't get how the idiots ever even won in court ... or how it even GOT to court

I don't understand hunting at all ... its 2006 ... we don't need to kill our food theres a deli and a butcher in every town lol

I don't get why they put golf and fishing on tv ... does anyone really watch it?

i don't understand men who engage in unsafe sex then are surprised and "trapped" when the girl comes up pregnant

people who don't wear deodorant UGH

ummm I have bunches more will be back later w/ them ... ya know this could end up a book lol
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I still don't get chocolate milk. It's sugary chocolate! It basically cancels out the nutrition of the milk. Give the kids white milk! Duh...[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Well, I don't get it either, but I would venture to say it's better than soda. I had a neighbor once who gave her kids sugar free chocolate milk because they wouldn't drink it plain. This I assume had artificial sweeteners in it, which is sick... Let's just give the kids cancer, no problem. Although you make a good point, a pediatrician would more than likely tell a parent absolutely no soda, give them milk to drink- if they don't like milk add a little chocolate, that way they are still getting the nutrients from the milk. These doctors are the ones who parents look to for guidance for the nutrition of their children, so they are more than likely going to listen to their advice.

And to answer your question about how someone can be both pro choice and anti death penalty. The idea behind this mentality is to ultimately have the least amount of government involvement in our lives. The government shouldn't be able to decide whether or not a woman has a child and some feel that they should not be able to kill people for committing crimes. Again, I go back and forth on the death penalty thing. If you read a lot about it, it's very true that innocent people are killed this way far too often. And as far as a embryo being an innocent person- that's a whole other subject. I just wanted to say that it does make sense because these people who stand against capital punishment and pro choice are just working at keeping freedom. What confuses me more is someone who recognizes the rights of a cluster of cells over a person who may or may not have committed a crime. I am more confused by people who are pro-life, but in support of killing someone for killing. Again, two wrongs should never really make a right.

What I don't understand the most is people who stand on street corners in front of planned parenthood (an organization who works harder to prevent abortion than to administer one) holding signs to gross us out rather than volunteering their time to rock crack babies, provide day care, or adopt kids who were unwanted.

Hmm.. (this one goes back to the last election) I don't understand how people can elect a leader of a country based on abortion. Again, as I attended a Kerry rally, I found myself (with my daughter at my side) faced with these pro-life protestors. Pro-life? Pro-war? How does this make sense???? So, I reached into my pocket and got out a stack of photographs to show them, too. Yes, I had been hoarding them from work. Dead soldiers. Dead boys with no heads. 18 year old American soldiers who are dying left and right because the man these dips***s were trying to convince me to vote for sent their sons, daughters, nieces and nephews over to raise hell in a country over oil. This is what I will never understand.

Edited to add: The intention of this post is not to start a debate or come off as being hostile or passive agressive or what have you. I was just answering to the best of my abilities how people can think the way they do. Then at the end I had to add some stuff that the prior made me think of because it really burns my butt. I don't expect the world to agree with me, but I am entitled to not getting whatever I don't get either. I run deeper than caring about how people dress. That stuff doesn't really bother me. The above stuff does.

I don't get why I felt that I had to edit to justify my words. geez.

Edited by: shiva
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hah I drink chocolate milk because I hate white milk and technically it is better than no milk if you balance out the diet with other healthy things.

&lt;3 Anya--

I have a few:

I don't get the people who go to McDonalds and look at the menu like they have never seen it before! It's hard for me to believe that a person (Other then a kid) has never been in a Mcdonalds before. And even KIDS know what they want! WTF?

I also don't get people who walk really slow in the mall when they know other people are behind them trying to pass them...and they make NO attempt to let you walk by either.

I don't get people who are SO FAT that they buy and electric wheel chair so they don't have to walk anymore, can you imagine? "Excuse me why are you in a wheel chair?" "Um cause I got too fat and lazy to walk"

I don't get people who take up two parking spaces with like a little compact car. I don't drive but I still think it's absolutely rediculous.

I don't get people who try to cross the tracks when there is obviously a train coming and it's blaring it's horn. There are trains that run from here to downtown Cleveland and you wouldn't BELIEVE how many accidents I've seen where the train hits a car, and guess who wins...THE TRAIN!!

That's about it for now.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Well as annoying as it is to see people stare at a menu that doesn't change sometimes visual stumation helps in the final decision, SOMETIMES they do add something different and sometimes the prices change.

I get a tad annoyed at people that walk slow but sometimes they are older and oblivious. Patience is a virtue and a polite excuse me can help if you are in a rush.

Don't judge people by their weight. Yes people have let themselves go but in some cases it is beyond their control just as emet is. Sometimes it glandular, sometimes they have had a disease or operation that has made then unable to get out and walk and they have gained weight. SOME people have a phobia of leaving the house or doing anything and so they sit at home and eat. You don't know what they have been through or if maybe they are one of these people that has done something and lost 50, 100, 200 lbs and is getting out.

ARG!!! I DO not get the double parking especially in the small cars or the large trucks in the small cars only spots.

I don't get rudeness, (people on cell phones while they are getting served, people who let a door slam in your face rather than hold it, etc etc)

I don't get intolerance, ignorance and judgement before you know. People are people and we all have feelings, stories, reasons for being where we are, who we are.
    IE I HATE HATE HATE being judged as simple minded because I work at a gas station. I work at a gas station instead of a pharmacy because I want to be home with my son and be able to be home to make dinner for my husband when he comes home. I am not dumb because Im a cashier I have a 3.8 grade average.

The bum on the corner has a story (granted there are some that its a choice and they aren't trying) some don't have a choice for whatever reason it may be.

As for ignorance it bugs me more when people think they know but chose not to know all they can before making a call.

I don't get people that don't care about other people only themselves

I don't get people that are greedy

I don't get people that are insanly vane

So many things

Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

I dont get people who come into my store,start messing up the t-shirt tableswhile watching me folding them and after I ask them if they need a size they say no and continue to dive into the piles , THAT I JUST FOLDED...... sorry i had to vent.

(((deleted)))Edited by: HDogg