Funny- how you can't even post a message of "FYI- this is what tomorrow is if you're interested". I'm sure no one would have any problems about me posting events/history about, say, International Woman's Day, which also has an important human rights aspect. Or International Children's Day. Or a religious holiday, even if you don't observe that particular religion. So, if I posted something about a walk for Aids research, would you turn that into a rant about how people with Aids deserve it if they had unsafe sex?

I really don't care if people disagree with my views- doesn't bother me in the least, people should know that by now. However, I didn't post this to start any massive debate relating to views on prison or prisoners- if you want to debate this further, feel free to PM me, I don't mind at all. I posted this to let people know what today is, and that events are going on worldwide. Whether you agree with it or not doesn't change the fact that today is PJD. You disagreeing with the sentiment behind today doesn't negate it's existance- even my newspaper from middle-of-nowhere Northern Ontario had an article about it. Interestingly, I posted this on a lot of the other boards I visit, and so far the predominant response has been "well, I don't necessarily agree with it, but good luck on your event".

If YOU want to turn this into a crap-shoot, then that is your prerogative. I really have no way to control how you respond to a post. I can only control my original sentiment behind posting it, which was purely informative- an "FYI if you care".

Shiva- you analysis is interesting, and I do agree that better preventative measures need to be in place to help someone before they commit a crime. Just wanted to mention that in terms of children being incarcerated, a large percentage of incarcerated children worldwide haven't actually comitted any crimes. They may be imprisoned because their parents have been charged with something and there are no other relatives who will take the child, or are being held in a detention camp for immigrants/refugees. In some countries, they can be held until they have reached adulthood- so they have essentially grown up in prison.

*sigh*

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess