Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I am having this sharp, shooting pain in the left side of my stomach about level with my belly button. I am freaking out because my sister just had to have her appendix out, so I am scared that's what it is (although I think appendix pain in generally on the right). I haven't really eaten in two days because of the horrible antibiotics I was taking. They gave me awful d* and stomach cramps. I haven't had any d* since this morning, but I am scared to eat still, although I do feel a little hungry. I did have a can of Coke a little while ago. What is this pain?! Could it just be realted to hunger or maybe my intestines being a little out of whack or is it something more serious? It kind of pulsates and it's there whether I sit, stand, walk, whatever. What could it be? Help!

I think you answered a lot of your own questions in this post! A bad reaction to meds, diarrhea, not eating properly, and anxiety over thiscan definitely be the culprit. You are probably a bit hungry/dehydrated, and a coke on an empty stomach can cause some major gas, which for me gives pain in that region. The fact that your sister recently got her appendix out can also make you think you have a similar problem- kinda like if you read a medical text book all of a sudden you start to feel like you have some of the symptoms they describe, lol. Our minds can trick our bodies quite easily.

I wouldn't worry at this point- recently giving birth, having a bad reaction to meds and the relating anxiety, and not eating properly for a few days will definitely put your system a bit off. I would try to rule out other factors, such as hunger, gas, or anxiety, before jumping to conclusions. Eat something- then try to take some time and do something relaxing, like a warm bath, watching a favourite movie, etc. If by tomorrow, after rehydrating, eating, and getting some sleep, the pain hasn't gotten any better, then I would maybe get it checked.

Hope you feel better,

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^^ Agree. Feel better soon![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I think it was just hunger. I ate and it took a while, but eventually it went away. Now I am having pain in my right lower back - I'm thinking another kidney stone - yuck. I know I still have at least 3 or 4 in there that haven't passed. I'm not really worried about it, but it hurts like crazy, especially when I have to carry my daughter around. I guess I should probably reschedule my CT scan that got cancelled back in February because I was pregnant and find out what's going on in there. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

it could be just every thing going back to normal after you have a baby it happened to me with both kids and your appendix is on thr right side but dont worry i so sure its everything healing from giving birth its not easy going from a 7 or 6 pound baby inside you for 9 months to nothing at all u gave birth thats a shock on your body so no worries i felt the same way