Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Did good

At work today my co-worker commented how she was up all night throwing up yesterday from a stomach bug, and to be honest it really didn't bother me much. I actually felt more like "thats something she can be that sick and still be here and shes fine and acts okay", like I was more impressed. I didn't do anything to avoid her either, and it was fine. I didn't even think "oh man what if I catch this!" I just thought "well if I do eh well", and I even said to her "if I end up sick I know where it came from!" and we both kind of laughed.

very well done!!!! i wish i could get to that point.. someday!

Great job.. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Thanks Kristin, heh now part of me is like "gee I hope I don't get it"!

Great Job! I would've been terrible the entire day working with her!! Someday I will get like that!

Awesome accomplishment. That's the first step. It's ok to wonder if you are going to catch it, just don't focus all your energies on it. Congrats on the big step!!

<a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

good job !! keep it going girl !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's awesome!!!!! I know it makes you feel so much better about being around someone that has been sick...that has happened to me several times here where i work...and honestly it does us so much more harm than good when we worry like that. But I sure know how hard it is NOT to worry. Keep up the good work, and each small step leads to a bigger one...Good Job!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Thank you for the replies! Yeah its something because usually I'd be like trying to stay away from her (I mean svs are contageous), but it really didn't bother me. Lol wats wrong with me?[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Maybe you are somehow overcoming your fears...i know the older i get, the less i freak out about sv's really...BUT then again, i haven't been exposed to one in a long time either...and my kids haven't been sick in a long time, so for me, i have probably have let my guard down some.........i just hope i don't jinx myself now
    Kate

Hey Kate,
    Yeah maybe its just that its not as bad for me. I wonder if how I felt earlier this weekend changed my outlook some (I came real close to v*ing, you know the thread I made), and I kind of just figured "well if I get sick then I get it, and v*, but then it'll go away and I'll be okay again", tho I know if I really did get it I would be freaking out at first but then would be like "well if I have to get sick then I do". I think my view has changed from "I could never get sick ever!" and not be able to even accept the possibility, to "well I could get sick but if I do yea it'll suck but then I'll get better and it will be okay".

Yeah, i feel the same way....i by no means want to get sick...but like you said, if you do, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it...and yes, we will survive and get over it.....but then i would also freak out too. I just have emetophobia....i wish it didn't exsist at all. We have to try to train our brains into thinking that hey, everybody gets sick sometimes, and no one likes it......BUT they survive and they are just fine. I do remember your other post......and as many times in my lifetime that i have actually felt sick enough to v...you would think i would be more than used to it and not be scared.......i hate my brain sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate

I think sometimes you just get to a point where you think......whats the worst that can happen if I catch it!!!I try to maintain that sort of attitude at work when my any of my team get sick.

Although it has to be said.....how would I react if I really did catch it, probably catastrophically (if that is a word!!!) but I think just having the "attitude" somteimes helps.

Laney xx

Well said Laney...i totally agree with you....
    Kate

That's the right thinking, Galadriel!

You're right. If you v*, you will do and then YOU WILL be fine!

Great positive attitude!

happyteacher