Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I know that knowbody is a doctor here or anything, but i was wondering when anyone else gets stressed they get heart pain??..since the other day my parents arguing seems to be getting worse and i've been getting bad heart and chest pains, and then i guess because im the smallest, everyone keeps taking out there anger on me and finding something to pick on me about. I was walking up the stairs the other day and i asked my dad please can i have a lift up the shops, he didn't reply then a few seconds later he dropped something and smashed his cup, came up to me and shouted "well done ruth" and got really angry at me[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]. My mum seems to be getting a bit stressy with everything and they both keep talking about commiting suicide. I was going to go stay with my nan, but she dosn't understand about ocd and things and says its a load of rubbish and its just pathetic, when to be honest it takes over most of my life. Im trying so hard to eat right now, its been about 6 weeks and everyday again now i feel like im having to force down my food because i feel so depressed again i can't face eating. The pain in my heart has been happening since yesterday afternoon, there was an argument, so i went in my room and just sat an cried as i just feel so trapt when they do it. In the end at about 8pm i went out to the arcade which seemed to calm me down. Im trying so hard to move on with my life, i have a meeting with a careers adviser to help me get some courses in college to do wordwork, computing and electric work as im interested in technical stuff. Im planning to build my own arcade machine at the moment, but with all my family it just gets everyone down. Not putting the blame on anyone, but i honestly think the reason i first stopped eating was because i always felt ill from the stress of the arguments, i couldn't face food. I've taken my inhaler for the chest pain but it seems to be doing nothing, do you think i should go get this checked out, im not sure if its just stress though..sorry for the rant..i havn't done that in a while sorry[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ruth, i think you could get heart pains from stressing out so much...when do you go to college? The sooner the better for you. I think you seriously need to find a way to get out of that house. It's not good for your well being at all. Your parents need to stop shouting and yelling at you all the time. It's not fair to you. Have you been to a doctor to try to get some anti-anxiety pills? That should help you some on a daily basis. It's sad that your parents are acting like this, and letting you know they are thinking of comitting suicide. They should not let their problems come down on you. I feel so bad for you. Don't you have any close friends that you could stay with? You really need a different living atmosphere...maybe then you could eat, and be happy. I wish you luck dear, and i hope things get better for you soon. I would try to go to a doc soon to be checked out and for meds.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Hey thank you for the reply. I do have 2 close friends who both asked if i wanted to stay with them, so maybe that might be an idea if they didn't mind. I understand my parents are both depressed, same with me and my brother, but i think your right, i need to get away from them. My parents have done this ever since i was 6 and nothing's ever changed, they keep saying one of them will leave, but they have been saying that since i was about 12 and nothings changed so maybe its up to me to be the one who moves on, as i don't want to be depressed all the time. I love my mum and get on really well, she keeps saying she will move out, but i really don't think she will. Thanks for the adive, i will go see my doctor tomorrow as he is back of holiday now and ask him about some meds. Thanks again[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Honestly Ruth, that whole situation is only bringing you down...and i realize you do love your mother, but sometimes in order for us to be happy, we have to be away from the people we love....and sometimes that is going to hurt, but you have to think of yourself now...and your happiness...I really think you should go stay with your friend for a while.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Hey Ruth,
    Yeah it sounds like home life for you is what is causing a lot of your anxiety. Ugh, I know what its like to have parents who do nothing but fight, it makes it real hard to live with them. I agree in that getting out of that environment would probably be the best thing that you could do. I know its scary because even tho your home life is rough its what you are used to, but there is so much better out there. I bet you would do great in college, I think its good to try and persue that, and in the meantime it may be good to take up your friend's offer and stay with them for awhile.

when ever i get alot of anxiety i get chest pains that can at times take my breath away !! but it is all anxiety related

Did you see your doctor? Keep us posted on how you are doing![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey thanks[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Im going to see my doctor tommorow. I do have some prozit to take, which i never took before, so maybe starting that would be good, the only thing thats the problem is it decreases your appetite, and im worried as i have just started eating again, so i will have to ask the doctor about that. Thanks[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

I think it could be stress related.. (sometimes it happens to me), but I'm glad to hear that you are going to see a doctor... have you tried any type of calming activities?
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...