Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: How many years since you last vomited?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-2

14 13.33%
  • 2-3-

7 6.67%
  • 3-4

12 11.43%
  • 4-5

5 4.76%
  • 5-10

32 30.48%
  • 10-15

17 16.19%
  • 15-20

6 5.71%
  • 20+

12 11.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

very curious!!!

I think it's funny to see how we're all soooo worried about v*ing .. but noone who has voted so far has done it in the before atleast 4 years ago.

.x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well I'll break the trend...I did in early June.

But before that it had been over 10 years, more like 12?

Wow, I was the first one who had in the last year! Although, I have only v* probably 5 times in my whole life (I'm 27). Just to share a war story (SOMEWHAT GRAPHIC):

last December I got the dreaded s*v* that was going around A LOT and it was AWFUL! The sickest I've ever been! I even fainted because I was so afraid of v*! I had gotten myself so worked up. At that point, I knew it would happen. It was awful, I got sick 3 times within 3 hours. BUT, I also felt very proud of myself that I had gotten through it. It has only lessened my fear very slightly. But I think I've realized that the anxiety of not knowing if it is going to happen and/or when is the worst part.

for me it was about 3 yrs ago.. it got me while i wasnt suspecting it.. meaning know one i knew around me had it.. but one of my customers did but didnt tell me i guess.. so i got it and passed around to everyone.. it was pretty bad.. dont think i have ever been that sick in 24 hrs time..
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

I hope Im not jinxing myself but its been 18 years for me,...but with the help of strong anitemetic medications. I have had 3 children in these 18 years and have never once got sick,.....but I fight it on a moment to moment basis it seems...There is not a day that goes by that I don't get nauseated and I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel for me on this issue. To be honest,...when I hear someone has gone longer than me and actually gets sick,...that in itself makes me panic. I guess I somehow sort of think I got control but I guess in all reality I don't......

Im so tired of being tired of fighting.....

Samantha</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

*graphic*This year it happend, after i did it, my emet seemed to go for a bit and i knew what it felt like, i was on my own in my room and i had this bad pain in my stomach and before i could get to the bathroom i had to use the bin, but insted of crying i laughed at the fact i was using a bin..lol, then i went down the hospital and got a shot of stemetil which stopped it.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

im 18 now and it was 10 yers ago for me, ive only come close since thena couple of timesand have never used anti emetics didnt no about them, think i hav jus bin lucky by not catching anything.

If I'd never had children, or nieces and nephews, it would be 18 years since I last v*d! Unfortunately, I've caught many of their sv*s since then.

Well, there isn't a place for in the past year, but for me it was last spring I think- I can't remember the date, because it's not really a concern of mine. I only fear others being sick, I really don't care if it happens to me.

*amber*

I would seriously hate to jinx myself here....but it's been just alittle over 16 yrs for me...been so close TOO many times to count though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

It's been18 years since I have. I was 18 when it last happened, and I'm now 36. I've never taken anti-emetics except for Benadryl on rare occasion. I also take Pepto on occasion.

Andrea

<font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"2\">

If you want to enjoy the rainbow, you must first endure the rain.

I v** last year because a stupid kid gave it to me at school.(I will never fogive you[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]!) I only v*** once, but I was also sick with a fever and strepth throat for 4 weeks! Man I hate that kid!!!!

~Luna
    Sora: Riku, you\'ve been hanging out in the darkness too long. You gotta try to think positive.
    Kingdom hearts II

I was sick the night before News Year's Eve last year!! My boyfriend and I got Chinese Take-Out and I was the only one to get stomach cramps and be sick. (I ate the prawn crackers and he didn't).There wasn't any nausea really, just the pains. I only heaved twice and then it was over and I felt better. I was like: ' Is that it? I expected it to be SO much worse!' My boyfriend stood nearby and I even said: 'I told you so!' in between heaves, because he was saying I wasn't ill, and it was all in my mind. Well I sure showed him!! lol.

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

30 years
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

18 1/2 years. Wow! I just love my emet stomach of steel, ha ha! Now if only my bowels would cooperate, then I'd be happy as a clam! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

2 years ago, thats when my emets started up too

ugh, being sick is sooo lame... i wish i was a horse... they cant v* x

I haven't thrown up in 31 years (really!) and I don't take anything to avoid it...no antiemetics, no Peptol Bismol (that stuff actually makes me sick)..nothing. I just will myself not to in all seriousness, even if I am terribly nauseated. Inearly broke my record this past July on two days (not subsequent, but within the same week) of such intensely dizzying nausea and retching I thought I was going to, but I didn't. I was scared to be sick because I have a hiatal hernia in my stomach and I didn't know if vomiting would create more problems for me (as in pain, rather than the actual act of vomiting), so I forced myself tohold hard and not get ill.It was bad though, and it took forever for me to drive to work that day. Yes, being the idiot I am, I still went to work...I took an antacid and poof, it was gone.Since I have had some of these episodes over the course of the last two years,I am going for an upper GI endoscopy this Wednesdayto see what's up with me..my doctor thinks I have acid reflux disease in addition to having an hiatal hernia.But, I have had the test before and I have undergone general anesthesia before, so I am cool with the test. I am just concerned that with all of the episodes of "almost" getting sick recently I actually will...but, I will get through it as usual.

Pina

I haven't actually v*ed since the end of 1993, but I dry heaved in 2001 which I usually count as a v*, but in the poll I put 10-15 years.

LOL Amy, that's why I have a horse on my web site where it links to how long we've gone without vomiting. I wonder how old the world's oldest horse is?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

I think that the longer I go without v*-ing, the worse my fear gets! I sometimes wonder if I just did it one day, would my fear go away. Its been about 6-7 years for me now.

About a month and a half ago. I get at least one sv a year now that I have young children. (Actually, the time in July was my second tummy bug of 2006 but back in January I just got d* and tons of n* even though everyone else had lots of v*).

Edited by: roisme
    \"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday, and all is well.\"

6 years, 9 months. I havent v**** since December 21, 1999 (I was 12) after eating raisin bread. Needless to say, I am repulsed by it, even seeing it makes me nauseous.

Richard

Edited by: richard01

I love this group! This is the only group of people I have found that actually keeps up with these stats! Most people I know can't hardly remember the last time they v***. Not only do I keep up with myself, but I can tell you the history of everyone close to me in my life and when they last v***. Anyway....it will be 2 1/2 years this October. (Last time was April 2004) Before that it was April 1994, so I made it 10 years before that. And before that it was Nov. 1978 when I was in 1st grade. So I guess my longest trend was 16 years which is funny because that was when I was a kid and still growing up.

did it this year and it wasnt so bad once i got thru it. dont know if it was sv or food poisoning. really helped me with my emets, i now feel if i had to i could do it again.still terrified of others doing it though. lots.

however before this year it was-no kidding-25 years. and that was through 3 surgeries and various drunken nights. i think the mind is a very strong thing. just didnt want to do it.
    part of the cure is wanting to be cured

last time was on holiday at the start of 1996 (swallowed too much horrible pool water I think!) but there have been a couple of close calls since then!

Not to jinx myself, for me its been 13 n half years (touch wood). Last time was very close was this summer whilst on holiday, i was drinking round the pool at nite and it went down the wrong way n i was half choking half heaving it scared me so much for the next few days i couldnt physically swallow a drink becos i was so scared of it happening again. X
    kath x

5 yrs...had some bad pizza

4 years- i'd had too much alcohol and passed out then woke up, crawled to the bathroom and v*d. I just realised that in the three times i've v*d in my life- not one has been from a sv or food poisoning! It's was sunstroke the first two times, and being drunk the third- that's really strange ay.