Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Terrorists

Hey all just wondering how everyone was feeling about the terrorists that were caught last night? I think it is just horrible that people are out there plotting to hurt other people. Me being from the d.c metro area it is true how I have somewhat put in the back of my mind what happened on 9/11 almost 5 years ago. Then something like this happens and it makes you think that there are sick people out there planning to cause more pain to people.
    Christi
    *^**^***^****^*****^******^**
    Proud Mommy to Zachary

Hmm .. Right .. What I'm about to say .. I don't mean to offend anyone or anything .. And I'm NOT saying that I agree with terrorism, so please don't think I do or anything..

But tbh, I think you came down a little harsh calling them 'sick' and all that. The area of Iraq that follow Sadam(sp!) and that, in a way, you've got to see how to them, what they're doing just seems .. right.

They're less educated than us about these sort of stuff and like .. yeah, and the members of .. ooh what's it called?! That whole group thing .. The Sadam group .. Generally, their mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and friends are all part of it too, and always have been. Growing up in that environment is obviously going to make you live by them rules.

And seeing as they've like .. always ruled Iraq, and now we're in there like .. trying to get the good people of Iraq to rule Iraq and that .. It is gonna make them be like .. 'WHAT THE HELL?!' sort of thing .. and if theyve been brought up watching people being killed so as to satisfy one's needs, then they're going to see it as the expected.

I.e .. Sadam would say to one of his workers, 'Go and shoot that man' .. for no reason, and the worker said, 'No, he's done nothing wrong' .. then Sadam would kill them both, sort of thing. Viewing this around 150 times a month would reflect on you seeing it as the norm.

Therefore, if they're position in their country is being smashed up by British soldiermen, then .. Bombing Britain is the best way forward, in their way of looking at it.

It's hurrendously cruel to us, but it's .. not as much to them.

But yeah, it's outragous, 21 fxxking arrested, innit? I don't even want to THINK of the devistation if they hadn't been stopped..

Bladdy 'ell I babbled on. =\ Again .. sorry if i offended anyone .. I'll delete the post if need be.

.x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh yeah, and our soldiers aren't all as good and brilliant as we make out, really

We're in there to sort out their government and stop the likes of Sadam being in charge and that .. But there's like .. a billion zillion countries that need that sort of help, but we're only in the one who's threatning to stop our oil supply innit. =\

Oh I feel well mean now =(
    I HAVE ALL RESPECT FOR OUR SOLDIERS OUT THERE!

.xEdited by: xsarah-warahx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sarah you made some good points, especially about the terroristswarped view of normality,but their excuses for doing something like they were going to do, like they havedone in the past. they'd have to be better than that I think. Just my opinion though, and I'm biased because I'm freaking out about catching the plane today.

One of the worst consequences of this though is the upsurge of people who are going to use this as an excuse to justify racism, its not Iraqis, its terrorists. They're not one and the same.

(Not implying that anyone here has said that, just venting)Edited by: x hannah x

To be honest, I started a thread on TERRORISTS a while back and was attacked by some people. I have my views and would love to share them, but I can't put myself into that line of fire again.....
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Charlene,

I am sorry that people have not respected your opinions on certain topics. Everyone has there right to voice their opinion. To be frank I get tired of talking about vomiting all the time and I think you all are a great group and would love to know you all on a diffrent side from just talking about getting sick. I think there is so much more to all of us then just our fear!
    Christi
    *^**^***^****^*****^******^**
    Proud Mommy to Zachary

I agree, I think that we should really be able to have more varied discusions, the only problems that occur are when people start making things personal and have trouble respecting other peoples personal opinions.

There will always be people out there to hurt and kill people...no matter what. It will never change.
    *Mandi*

I'll talk about anything just to get my mind off my stomach. Anyone want to come into the chat room

I think that Americans have a false sense of security. Even though we have troops and soldiers here still in the states, if all hell broke loose we would not be able to protect ourselves. The only soldiers on base that have weapons are the military security police. To be able to arm the other thousands of soldiers they would have to go to the armory to be issued a gun. By then it is too late. Most of our planes are overseas. We have screwed so many other countries that I doubt anyone would help us. I served in the military for 8 years and once you see what is really going on then your whole look on freedom changes. We are very vulnerable. I wish the world could be free and everyone enjoy all thatit has to offer everyone.