Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on for a while but something happened the other week that I have to tell you guys about. I have to laugh now, but at the time it was a nightmare! *could be graphic if ur sensitive!*

I was out with a guy that I have just started seeing (he's lovely, has long black hair!) and we went out for a meal. I am recovering from anorexia, as some of you will know, but I was trying so hard and even ate some chips. That was hard, and I even considered making myself v*, not that I have ever been able to before. Well, good old emet stopped me from doing that, so the chips were digested! (by chips I mean French fries by the way)

Anyways, later on in the night, we went back to the bar where he works. The husband and wife who own the pub were both there extremely drunk. They were still downing drinks and the woman fell off her bar stool. She said something about feeling sick (I won't repeat the phrase, it is digusting Scottish slang . . ) so naturally, I leapt back out of the way. My guy was at the toilet at this point, but I said to one of his friends that I was scared of v*. Just then, my emet-sensors on overdrive, I noticed the husband looking decidedly green around the gills. I won't describe it, but I knew he was going to do it, so I turned and ran out of the pub saying "I can't see this!! I'm going outside!!" I was right, it happened, but luckily I didn't hear it (well, apart from the splash OMG!!)

So, I coped, okay, I hyperventillated a bit, but got the breathing under control and my guy seemed to understand - after all, no one likes to see that, so I didn't seem too weird. Well, he wanted to go home pretty quick after that, so I drove him home (I don't drink - no wonder!!) and I drove back home. . . only to be pulled over by an unmarked police car! They started asking lots of questions, and this hadn't happened to me before, so I panicked, especially after the v* incident, and I promptly burst into tears!

What a night! Everything was fine in the end, the police were nice after that - it was just a standard spot check, but I hardly slept that night because I kept going over it in my head!lol

This sounds like everyones worst nightmare but you dealt with it so well! The best thing we can do is remove ourselves from the situation and you did that and coped. It was unfortunate about the police thing but at least you can laugh about ti now. An added bonus though your new man sounds really nice, hope it works out for you!!
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanku! Yup, it is pretty funny now, can't believe people drink so much they v* everywhere . . . eeeeeww!! xx