Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

For a couple nights now I've been waking up at about 3 AM feeling horrible. I have really bad stomach cramps and feel n*. I haven't v*ed either night though. On the first night I felt hungry afterward so I had some dry toast and a handful of soy nuts. It helped a little, but Last night the pain was so bad I couldn't even imagine eating.

The strange part is that both nights I eventually fall asleep again and then once I wake up later I feel much better and am fine the whole day (that is until night time). Does anyone know what could be going on because I'm very confused by this?

Edited by: chicajojobe

are you near your period ??? could it be to aniexty ??? i know sometimes ive woken up in a panic thought i felt ill but fallen asleep and felt fine in the morning

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My period is soon, but these weren't period cramps. They were too high on my stomach and felt very different than menstraul cramps.

I suppose it could be anxiety. These episodes certainly make my emet anxiety get worse. Last year I had gastritis caused by stress, so maybe I have that again. I hope there's nothing worse wrong with me. Surely if it were some kind of infection I would have v*ed by now right?

This has happened to me many times, and in my case, it was anxiety. It sounds like that may be what is happening to you. If it continues, you might want to ask your doctor.