Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Why is it that each time I am doing well and everything seems to be good, something happens to send me back into panic mode? My family has had a fantastic few days on a camping trip, then today my daughter woke up with a sore throat feeling s*. As the day went on she got grdually worse and has v*d a couple of times. By teatime she was very lethargic and running a high temperature so I ended up taking her to the emergency doctor surgery. She has tonsilitis and is on penicillin now, but is lying in bed at this moment feeling very s*. I am just waiting for it to happen again. To make matters worse my husband is now complaining of a sore throat.

It has been a horrible day. My husband invited my MIL and FIl for dinner and my MIL just sat and continually insulted me. As usual I just sat and took her insults and even apologised, until my husband got annoyed and asked her not to upset me anymore. She eventually went home in a mood.

My mum has phoned this evening to tell me that my grandad who has been very ill for a long time is getting worse. He is no longer eating and is on his 3rd lot of antibiotics for a chest infection. I visited him a week ago and he was very bad, but now he his kidneys are failing as well. I know I should be brave and visit him tomorrow, but I am scared of how bad he will be. It is horrible seeing him lying there so unwell. He can no longer speak and just lies in bed lifeless.

Sorry for moaning so much, it is just one of those bad nights and I am worrying. I wish my children would not keepgetting ill. I have never had a year like it.

Curly Wurly, I am so sorry to hear you are going through all this AGAIN!I really don't know what to say - it really isn't fair that you've had so much to put up with. As for your MIL - I've read some of your previous posts about her, and you must have the patience of a saint!! I'm glad your husband stuck up for you. I hope your daughter gets better very soon and your poor grandad will be in my prayers. Wish we could say or do more!

im so sorry to hear about ur grandad and he is in my thoughts and prayers !!

ive had tonsilitis as an adult many times and never gotten to ill with it ,any illness can make children v* it's just there body'sway of dealing with it . i hope your daughter starts to feel better very soon . i remeber my daughter for about a year was ill at least once a month but since she's got that little bit older she isnt to bad now she's almost 7 now so fingers crossed the same will happen for you and your family

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sending big hugs to you all x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thankyou Dreamer and Jodi for your kind words.

My daughter was asleep when I last checked and hopefully still is.Poorlittle girl! I am still feeling very anxious and cannot sleep. I am longing for the morning and hoping everything will seem better then. Thankyou once again.

poor baby and poor you! I am glad your hubby is man enough to have told mil to hush!!! good to see he has a pair!!! Take care of yourself and dont fret

I'm so sorry all this is happening.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I hope your daughter is feeling better soon. So sorry about your grandad. Sending you (((hugs)))!!

So sorry your daughter is unwell, I hope this morning she's showing some improvement. At least your husband is with you so hopefully that will have reduced your anxiety a little.

Sorry too that your MIL is still causing you so much grief. Do your best to rise above it, you deserve to be treated better and I'm glad your husband stuck up for you. With regards your grandfather, I'm wondering whether you might regret not paying a quick visit, even if it's only for 20 minutes. It's not going to be easy, but should things get worse very quickly, and you don't go, you'll probably always wish you had. I know how hard it is when someone else is so ill, but you're tough - you might not think it but most of us who know you through this site can tell you have alot of strength.

Try and look at the positive side of things at the moment. Focus on the great time you had camping with the family. Yes, bad things happen, the kids get ill, but looking at what's bad in our lives can make us feel worse and we ignore the fact that life is sometimes quite good.

Hope things pick up.

Hey Curly, I'm sorry you are going through all of this. You are a very strong person!! I hope your daughter is feeling better, and I hope you grandad is okay as well. I have confidence in you, you will get through all of this!!

*hugs*

Wishing you a better day Sally!!

Hope your daughter is feeling much better and that you are to!

Take Care

xx

Thankyou everyone for your kind words and reassurance. Today has been better. My daughter got through the night with no more v* and woke up much better this morning. She is still a bit off colour but so much better. I felt really sorry for her as it was Carnival day in our town and she had been so looking forward to seeing the parade. My husband took my son and my daughter cried. She was very good about it though and soon got over it.

My grandad is still not very good. I am going to be brave and visit him with my mum tomorrow. At least then I will not regret it when it is too late. I feel that I need to see him one more time.

Thankyou all once again. You are all very kind and make me feel much better.

I am so sorry that you have to fo through this. It sounds to me that you are handling this extremely well. The fact that you are hanging in there and taking care of your daughter when she needs you most is amazing to me. To be perfectly honest, the last time my son had a stomach virus, I literally lost it, sent him, my daughter, and my husband to the MIL's where he could be taken care of so that he would not see my breakdown. How's that for parenting!

I am both amazed and encouraged by your strength. I hope that you all start to feel better and get a break from all of this. And when everyone is better, treat yourself to something you love. You deserve it.
    *Amy*

Thankyou momof2. My daughter is nearly back to her usual happy self today, so that is good. I have been really anxious all day for some reason. My son complained of a tummy ache and sent me into panic mode even though it was nothing. I just do notseem to be able to relax today. I have been up since 4 am and just seem to be getting more and more worried about everything. I think I am just over tired.

I am going tomorrow with my mum to visit my grandad. My mum could not make it today as my dadwas takeninto hospital today to have an operation on his kidneys, but nothing too serious hopefully. It is just one of those weeks when everything seems to happen.

Try to get some rest..

Try not to let the anxiety get the best of you. I had a few episodes where it just built and built..it was very frightening.

I will continue to pray that your family feels better and you have better days ahead.
    *Amy*

Hi Curly, I just read your post now, and hope all is well or at least better. Oftentimes kids v* due to tonsillitis, etc. It should be short lived. So sorry about your grandfather, I will pray for him. I am glad your husband is home for you now... Take care...</font>