Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: aaarrrggghhh

Hey everyone

I havent been around much lately, have been so busy with my uni work, so much so that emet became a tiny problem that I hardly ever thought about it.

Things have been going well, I passed everything at uni and am now a qualified teacher starting my first teaching job on the 1st september when the new academic year starts.

Today I was at work at my temporary job where i work as a shop assisitant. This morning the assistant manager came in not very well, she had been v* thursday and yesterday mornin and today had to keep running to the loo (i presume for d*). My boss sent her home at about 1pm as he didnt want to get whatever it was. But then he went home early cos he wasnt feeling so great.

I am so scared I am going to get it, i was ion quite close contact a couple of times and she used my keys, touched my phone etc, then i had to continue using the till etc and we only have one toilet. I already feel sick but im not sure if its nerves or im coming down with it.

aarrgghh i hate this so much

Sorrry you had to go through this. Hopefully you will not catch anything. The assistant manager should have stayed away if she was ill. These things always seem to happen when we are doing so well with our emet. I hope you stay well and congratulations in becoming a qualified teacher.

well done for passing at uni !!!

as for feeling sick im pretty sure as we all do it's the worrying that is doing it im sure with an early night tucked up in a nice warm bed and plenty of rest your feel fine

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh gosh.. i hate that soo much..

Especailly if your work is like mine.. we pretty much share the air we breathe.. and everything.. i hate it when people start getting sick.. I start sanitizing everying with lysol and washing my hands alllll the time.. oh and pretty much starving myself.. i try not to but i eat my safe foods..

Just practice good hygeine.. wash your hands ALOT.. the sv was being passed around a couple months ago.. i went crazy on the washing of my hands and sanitizing them. Every time i would use the bathroom i would spray it first with lysol. Thank goodness we have lysol at work.. you should go buy some if you dont have any!

anyways.. Take care hun and good luck

sending good thoughts your way that you will be just fine

\"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

thanks everyone.

I have decided not to go into work today, i feel a little nauseous Im not sure whether its worry or whether i have caught something. For various reasons sundays are not good days to work - the manager and assistant manager are off and a supervisor is in charge instead. Normally if i felt a bit off the manager and assitant manager would allow me to work in the adults department where you are not so tied to customers so it would be easy for me to leave the shop floor, but she is different and would force me to be on kids department where you can't just leave and then i would get panicky and feel worse. so for her attitude she is a person down.

my work is one of those places where you share everything. i work in a shoe shop so we are all touching the measuring machines, ladders, tills, telephone etc etc, plus most people share cups and there is always food left on the side which everyone tucks into (which is particularly nice seeing as everyone handles kids shoes with god knoes what on the bottom of them then eats without washing their hands - lovely).

Awww sorry about that, i think you may feel n* as your in a panic about it. Well done for passing at uni aswell!!, this is a great post to read, after i have just applied for part time work in a shoe shop lol.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

which shoe shop is it you have applied for? actually its quite good working there as noone thinks you are strange for washing your hands a lot - i just say things like that kid had sweaty feet or something. A lot of people wash their hands loads too cos of it being feet - its a much better environment than lots of workplaces. In the 6 years i have worked there i have not actually known an sv to go round - just the odd person getting sick here and there - probably because most people wash their hands so much!

oh geez i know what u mean.. if i feel even a lil n* i have to go home or call in sick.. cuz i just get too panicky to work. i mean i could take a xanex or an anti emet but that makes me so sleepy that i wouldnt be able to work.. so yes.. i have some Attendence "issues" if you may.. sucks being emet sometimes..

Take care of yourself!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain