Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Has anyone else found it therapeutic to watch people v* on video? I've recently started doing video searches on google and watching people 'do it' (milk chugging contests are cool). I've found that it brings me back to reality. Having not done it in twelve years, and having avoided watching/hearing other people do it, it's easy for me to forget what it really is. Watching a humorous instance of it-seeing people look at the camera and laugh between instances-has made it seem a bit more pleasant.

Also, I like the sense of control over the situation--I know the mute button is right there.

Oops...can someone move this to Experiences?

Hey i will be.. eventually.. not ready YET.. but eventually will be doing this to desensitize myself.. in therapy.

Its crazy how people on TV.. for example on like the tv show jacka** ppl would v** all the time for fun.. and would think it was hilarious.. it amazes me.. these people.. wish i could laugh about it.. but it is true.. it makes it not so horrible sometimes..

Never really thought of it that way.. thanks!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

I watch videos like this all the time now on Google and YouTube --- they are really helping me.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I personally haven't watched a video about it, but I've read Harry Potter, and I think its book 5 where Fred and George Weasley take their puking pastlies (or whatever they are called) and get sick projectile in a bucket, then take the antidote and smile to applause. I mean it makes me think can it really be THAT bad if people do this and they think its hilarious to chug milk and make themselves get sick, and laugh while its going on? I know to us its horror, but maybe those just don't mind? I mean I wonder to them doesn't the nausea feel horrible?

Quote Originally Posted by kristin1980

Hey i will be.. eventually.. not ready YET.. but eventually will be doing this to desensitize myself.. in therapy. </font>

Its crazy how people on TV.. for example on like the tv show jacka** ppl would v** all the time for fun.. and would think it was hilarious.. it amazes me.. these people.. wish i could laugh about it.. but it is true.. it makes it not so horrible sometimes.. </font>

Never really thought of it that way.. thanks! </font>
    I remember the first time I watched a video like that, it freaked me out. Afterwards, I didn't think it was too bad. It's not like the person was really making any sounds (it was the one where they bribe a guy to guzzle ipe. I think it was actually faked). But now, even the graphic ones don't bother me too much.

i've actually been thinking about watching videos of people v*ing. i usually have no problem seeing other people v*, unless i know they're contagious and i may catch their sv*. but maybe just repeatedly seeing somebody else v* in a video will make the experience less scary for me. i'm thinking about trying it, but i'm going back to college in 2 weeks and my roommates might think it's kind of odd if i'm watching videos of people getting sick all the time!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Quote Originally Posted by blondie90
    i've actually been thinking about watching videos of people v*ing. i usually have no problem seeing other people v*, unless i know they're contagious and i may catch their sv*. but maybe just repeatedly seeing somebody else v* in a video will make the experience less scary for me. i'm thinking about trying it, but i'm going back to college in 2 weeks and my roommates might think it's kind of odd if i'm watching videos of people getting sick all the time!
    LoL. I'm sure people would think I was odd for it as well.