Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Housing

I went and got a housing application form today, my parents keep saying there going to split up and everything for about 6 years now, but nothings changed and to be honest i really don't want to grow up anymore surrounded by arguing and fighting,so i applied for one to hopefully move out. Did anyone else move out when they were young, im still 17, so it might be quite hard for me to get a place, but did anyone else move out at this age, if so was it hard??, i've never been like left alone, so i don't know what its going to be like, but maybe in the long run it will help me grow up and take care of myself and hopefully lead a happier life. Thanks for any advice.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Ruth, welp I'm not sure how it works over there. Do you apply and they put you in an apartment (what you'd probably call a flat)? If they allow pets a pet may be a very good idea, just to keep you company so you feel like you've got "someone" there. It wouldn't have to be a dog or anything, maybe a bunny or fish or something.

Hey[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], yeah it would more likely to be a flat, but you have to wait quite a while to get one. Thanks for the idea about a pet, i have always wanted a dog lol. Thanks for the suggestion[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hiya love

i moved out when i was 15 and i got my first flat when i was 17 .. of course it was hard being so young and having alot to sort out .. but it's no easier8 years on and im 25 now and still sometimes i find it hard ... but then life is hard love ....

a dog or cat would be a great idea !!

I think it would be good for you Ruth to get away from your fighting parents. I know its scary the thought of being on your own, to be honest it scares me, as I've never truly been (got married). But, if you get scared in the night or you ever need to talk we're always here. This is a great place. Actually in a way before I got married I almost felt as tho I was on my own because my dad wasnt around much and my mom left when I was 15, so it felt rather like I was on my own, tho living in my dad's house. This site has always helped me, cause I know its scary when you are by yourself and you start to freak emet wise. You will be ok tho, and you can have friends over to visit and such. What about possibly pairing up with one of them and be flat-mates? Just an idea, but that way you'd have someone there you know.

Hey, thank you for your replies[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], yeah coming on here helps a lot!!. I went to a careers meeting yesterday, to like some idea on what things i want to study, im going back to college to do a gcse in art and to do macromedia flash, like animation as im interested in designing games, so im also looking around companies for work expereince. My dad says he dosn't mind if i move out, but then he says he does[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img], but my mum is really against it, because she says she will be left on her own, i mean i love my mum and everything, its just i don't think she has to keep pulling me down and making me live with arguments and fighting, she needs to relise that she may have to do it herself and get away from my dad, as i don't see how i can help her there. Thanks for your advice and replies, yeah a cat or dog wold be awesome also!!.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!