Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Stolen Bike!!!

Hey.. My fiance's bicyle was stolen from our garage. Luckily I have the same bike, so I can photograph mine for the police report. The bike shop we got it from is not open on Mondays, so I have to call them tomorrow for the serial #. What else can we be doing to try to find our bike? Has this ever happened to anyone? I'm pissed!
    \"This too shall pass\"

THat totally sucks! Did you call the police? That would have been the first thing that I would have done...it's weird that they would steal his bike and not yours, or anything else from the garage for that matter. Good luck in getting it back, I know you must be pissed...

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Awww sorry about that[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img], yeah calling the police would be the first thing. my bike got stolen before,so we rang the police, they couldn't find it, so we had to ring the company of the bike and they gave me a new one, i hope you get the bike back.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Let me tell you, I work for the police as a 911 dispatcher, and we get phones calls like this almost every day. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but about 95% of bikes never even get found....(ok I was being nice there, about 99%)It is very common for this to happen, and the only way the police know if someone is riding a stolen bike is if they check a bike every time they see someone riding it, about the only time they recover stolen bikes is if it is found abandeded or if they arrest someon riding a bike. Sorry!

Wow. That really sucks.
    I called around to the bike shops yesterday to ask advice and to see if they buy bikes incase someone was going to sell it. They told me that usually if it ends up in the police 'lost and found', they rarely even check reports (because there are so many) and bikes are often auctioned off then with other stuff at the end of the month. So, they told me to keep an eye on the police auctions. (i never even knew there was such a thing)
    Luckily my dad is loaning us one for the rest of summer and fall that should fit my fiance. We've been mountain biking a lot lately and I really didn't want to miss out on spending that time with him.

\"This too shall pass\"

my bike was stolen when i was 7!!! it was missing for a few weeks. well one day i was down the block at a friends house andthe theif rodepast on my bike!! he wasn't even a young kid just messing around. i think he was 17 or 18. my friends dad chased him down the block and got the bike back and held the kid by his ear until the cops came! apparently my bike wasn't the first he'd stolen. he was also expelled from school and had already gotten in a lot of trouble with drugs. luckily, he moved not long after that! and i got my bike back! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

i hate thiefs...ive had my car broke into i dont know how many times...its such an awful feeling!! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img] good luck getting it back!! Edited by: loveable101
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;