Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've never had the greatest confidence in myself and recently I feel very disgusted when I look in the mirror. I'm not happy with myself and am trying to change. It mostly has to do with my stomach. I'm a pretty short/small girl. I weigh between 108-110 pounds and am about 5'3''. Before I started dating my boyfriend I had a pretty nice, flat toned stomach. I am not blaming anyone but myself, but since eating out more often, staying up late and slacking on exercise I have a bit of a 'tummy' now and am not happy about it.

I need help, I want to get back into shape, I had an exercise plan worked out, but I stopped for personal reasons. I want to get back on it.

Any advice or ideas on how to get my flat stomach back?!? HELP!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Well diet isn't always what is the be all and end all. Weight wise you are perfecto. I would just work on those good old tummy crunches. If you can get or have one of those big ballsrest your lower back on it with your legs in a table top position or making a 90 degree to your body fold your arms over your chest or lightly behind ears and crunch baby crunch. its easier on the back, a good workout and it works the butt too.
    You can take that ball laying on your back between your feet and raise and lower the ball.
    If you like the pool. or have one there are some wonderful tummy exercizes you can do there. Take two of the floating dumbell things lay straight arms out bring in close to body if you can balance and stay afloat and crunch your stomach muscles in so your legs come into your chest and straighten back out again so you are flat on water and repeat, going fast if you can then swtich so right knee comes up toward left shoulder and vise versa. You can do a version of this laying on the floor too but I find it really hard on my neck.
    You can lay on the floor raise your legs about 10-45 degrees off floor and leave them there raise your hands (palm down) and pulse holding your legs in this postion.
    Even if you are working or walking crunch your abs and straighted your back posture YOu will feel it.
    To me you don't sound like you have much of an issue and I am jealous that you can have the weight you have. I have had a baby that was so active in my uterous he tore my stomach muscles so no exercise is going to fix it. I personally don't think you should be worried.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Telling me not to worry i slike telling the sky not to be blue! lol.

Melikasa, I remember you and wondered how you were doing! Thanks for the response, I will consider some of the exercises.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]YAY someone remembers me. I am doing wonderful. My son is 3 1/2 now. Having him and the love of my husband has helped me a lot with my emet. It still comes back once in a while and we have to turn the car around and not go out sometimes. The last time i was determined so my husband said well at least turn into a rest stop or gas station and rest and get a drink. I calmed myself and we went the rest of the drive to the mall (40min drive)
    For the most part though I think just my son and the visual therapy I have made it.
    Yeah yeah I know easy to say something ( like not worry) not so easy to do. I wish I could lose my weight when I had total control over whether I would leave the house or not I chose to not go and just didn't go anywhere or do anything and gained weight then I got pregnant had 2 months of not being able to eat and whenI did start to eat again (for the baby) my body packed it on. Sigh.
    I suppose the weight is a small price to pay for emet not being so bad and my husband says he likes the meatier me anyways. yay for curves.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Dont worry too much.. I too have the same issue.. I have always been real thin but then i got married and lost my sick pack abs.. and i never exercise i eat what i used to eat all the time but since i have gotten older my matabolism has slowed alot and i am not active either so that doesnt help.. i seem to have lost the urge to be and stay in shape and pretty.. maybe cuz i dont need to impress anyone but it still sucks.. The best way i can tell u to get it back is to be dedicated.. do sit ups every day at night and in the morning. Do pilates twice a week.. that will do it too.. but as for me.. i just lack the motivation..

good luck..
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

I am having the exact same problem. I'm 5 foot 1, between 107-110 pounds, and thin all over - except I have that stomach I just can't get to go away! if I try to diet, I just get even skinnier in areas like my back - but I never lose the stomach. It's really been bothering me lately, I feel fat when my stomach sticks out, even when I know I'm not... at least, I guess this is a common problem?

Age and genes have a lot to do with it. Diet isn't always the answer. If you can get muscle tone happening DO expect your weight to increase as muscle weighs more than fat. Rather than worry so much about diet concentrate on toning and exercises. Target the areas. Don't walk and expect to lose the belly fat right away.
    We also lose weight in reverse order of where it showed last. IE gain weightbelly, legs, face, Well you are going to lose weight face, legs then belly. I have no self confidence either but I have more reason than you cute petites. But repetition and working at it helps a lot. Together we can help build the confidence after all who are we trying to impress?

[img]uploads/images/Melikasa/little_thumbnail_esso.jpg[/img]This is me BTW,