Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: STRESS!

Hi, all,

I wasn't quite sure if this was OT enough to be in the off topic section, so I hope it's okay if I post it here. I kinda just want to vent about all the stress going on in my life in the moment (even though most of it is good stress!) and see if anyone has any good stress relieving techniques or advice.

So, this weekend I am moving. Stress #1. Again, it's a good thing, because I am moving into a bigger place, moving in with my bf, sharing rent so cost will be down, everything about it is good, but it is just so stressful! I have been living on my own in this place for 5 years and the change is stressful as well as the actual packing/moving itself! And, I have never lived with a guy before, so also a bit nervous about that...but, excited!

Stress #2 is kinda the reason for the move. I got a new job. Again, I am thrilled as it is in a public school (I'm a teacher) and I have been teaching ina Catholic school for 7 years and the pay will be much better. Everything about the school seems awesome, again it's just the stress of starting something new. Getting to know new teachers (who don't know about my emet like at the old school), new students, getting my classroom ready, etc.....more stress!

Stress #3 is that I think my bf has already bought a ring and will propose any day now. I have been suspecting it for awhile and today is our 1 year anniversary, so I kinda think it might happen tonight. I have no idea, though, and the suspense is about killing me! I mean, again, I could not be happier, I am just stressing out!!!

So...needless to say, my stomach has not been happy with all this stress. It hurts just about daily. My IBS has been going nuts and it just seems like I have stomach pains all the time. I have to go for a physical for my new job, so I will mention it to the doc, but I am 99% sure it's just all this stress!!

So, any suggestions? Advice? Etc?

Thank you so much for reading this! It helped just to get it off my chest! You're all the best!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Hi Mary... wow... that's a lot of changes going on in a short time! I know what it's like to feel like you are being pulled in a thousand directions at once, and the best advice I can give you is to really try to take things one day at a time. Don't look at EVERYTHING you have coming up at once, just focus on what you need to do for the day... or hour. Somehow everything will fall into place. Remember to take care of yourself first... if you need to slow things down and relax for a while, then do it.

Stress will absolutely make your stomach hurt, it does mine.

Good luck and let me know if your bf proposes... so exciting!
    Tiffanator

ya - sounds like a lot to be dealing with - no kidding. All the usual stuff for dealing with stress really does help...exercise, eating well, relaxation techniques and not taking on anything extra

Good luck and I hope you get proposed to!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So are you engaged???????????????

Wow! You've got a lot on your plate. Just take it as it comes, and you'll be fine. Let us know what happend with your boyfriend![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I'm engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOHOOOO!

Congrats!

*amber*

Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you. When you get a chance you got post all the details!! Good for you, that is fabulous!!

congratulations mary!!!!!!!!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Congrats!! Details?

Thanks!! Let's see...details...I had given him my gift and he said something then like..."I don't know if I have a gift for you." I was pretty suspicious already...haha. So, then we went out to dinner and after we ate and were waiting for the check, he said, "Do you want your gift?" Of course I said yes, and he handed me this little box like from a gumball machine. The ring was in there, kinda wrapped in the cloth ring it came with. I freaked out, of course! Even though I knew it was coming, I was still in shock, if that makes any sense. He didn't want to get on one knee....he thinks it's too subservient or something!

Yikes, I'm late! Thanks for all the congrats!!

Mary

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Congrats Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's sooooo exciting!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!
    ~Mandi~

WHOO~HOO!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so happy for you! From what you've told me about him he's a great guy and that's exactly what you deserve!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

YAY MARY!!!! I know you have got to be sooo excited.. That is awesome. I wish you the absolute best! Now you have to get used to saying.... "my fiancee"
    Tiffanator

Thanks so much for all the congrats. I am still in shock, I think, and exhausted from staying up late last night and getting up early to teach guitar lessons. But, I wanted to pop in and thank everyone for their kind words! I will no doubt be posting for help with wedding planning, soon enough!

Mary