Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I feel so worn out by it right now, im constantly washing my hands after touching anything, its like i use the bathroom, wash my hands and i will only touch the outside of the taps when i turn them off, if my hands touches the tap fully i think there germy, if i touch the soap after washing them, again i will feel unclean. the other night i washed my hands,then my finger brushed against the side of the bathroom tile, and i said to myself i don't need to wash my hands there not dirty its only a tile, so i went back to bed and i couldn't sleep, the only thing that was in my head was my hands feeling dirty, so in the end i gave in and washed them, do you think thats a bit silly and do i really need to wash them again after turning off the tap. Also when i come in from going out shopping or something i change all my clothes[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img], its like if i touch a door handle anywhere and my hands touches my clothes i think there dirty[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]is that even possible, its not as bad as it used to be, a while back i couldn't stop counting everything thing i did, my steps, how many times i would dry my hands, everything i would constantly count, does anyone else feel worn out if they have it??

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I feel your pain. From the sounds of it, I don't have it as bad as you, but I wash my hands way too much, and usually change, and sometimes shower after being out, especially if it was a doctors appt. I just feel unclean after being out anywhere that a lot of people go, like the grocery store.
    Oh, and I drive my husband crazy with it. He just gave the kids some apple, and of course I had to ask him if he washed it first.
    It IS exhausting. I used to do the counting too, as well as flicking light switches on and off, and having to touch/tap things a certain # of times. That stuff seems to have gone away, and it has all been channeled into washing/disinfecting. The funny thing is, my house is usually pretty messy, but certain things have to be immaculate, like the dishes, my hands, the kids hands, etc. Sorry for the novel.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

yes! i am very exhausted from this... the obsessions.. the routines.. the overly cleanliness.. ugh..

I was put on remeron this week supposedly its gonna knock me out i guess so i can sleep all night long and feel rested.. im sure ill be groggy at first.. but oh well..

Your not alone
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

yeah, I've been like that too! even if I know my hands aren't germy, if they touch something I feel like I need to clean them anyway.. I've just started carrying hand sanitizer around, and using it when I feel like I "need" it... it's a lot quicker than constantly washing the hands.