Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was at the doctor yesterday for a med review, and had been really stuffed up, and a bit dizzy. I am getting over a cold, and was feeling better, but then started feeling worse.
    My doctor told me I was on the verge of a sinus infection, and she did not want to prescribe antibiotics at this point, but wanted me to use a saline nasal spray, and see how it goes in the next few days.
    Does anyone know anything else I can do to fight this? I hate antibiotics, and will try almost anything to avoid them.

I get them all the time. That saline nasal solution works but you have to get use to it going down your throat unless you are good at blocking it. I also take a little benadryl or sinus med. I can usually smell the infection in my nose before it actually starts. Good luck. I once let my sinus infection get so bad that the pressure in my head caused my top teeth to hurt. I had to get shots in the hip and pills bigger than the lower half of my leg. I hope you feel better!

I am constantly battling sinus infections. I use sinus irrigation from time to time and it helps wonders. I wish I would think to use it more often as a preventative measure.

\"This too shall pass\"

Thanks, guys.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I slept 11 hours last night, and feel a lot better. I will continue with the saline for a day or two just to make sure.

Hi Daffodil, I am just getting over a sinus infection now, after 4 weeks! I took Biaxin, which gave me wicked d*. I now just finished amoxicillin, and still have a nagging cough. I agree with you now and I don't want to take anything new that my body is not familiar with. I worry that it will turn into something worse, like pneumonia. I have used saline spray before, it is fine. I also try echinacea at the first signs, but I missed this time. Hope you are better.</font>

Thanks Andee, I think I have escaped it this time. Just to be safe, I think I will be more regular about taking my supplements.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]